Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Official publication date of April 2020+ timetable?

Official publication date of April 2020+ timetable?

Old Oct 4, 19, 1:13 pm
  #1  
TA
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: if it's Thursday, this must be Belgium
Programs: UA 1K MM
Posts: 6,199
Official publication date of April 2020+ timetable?

Does anyone happen to know when timetables are released? (I'm specifically interested in April 2020, because I expect a schedule change to allow me to make a flight modification).

They're shown here, but that period is not yet available:
https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/route/time/

And from the current contents of that page, you can see that the coverage period of the timetables is not uniform, and I suspect their release date is a bit unpredictable as well?

Thanks!
TA is offline  
Old Oct 4, 19, 5:54 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Posts: 11,109
I think that the 2020 summer schedule is dragging out a bit, as they are working on planning for all the new HND slots.

What route are you specifically looking at?
CPH-Flyer is online now  
Old Oct 4, 19, 6:16 pm
  #3  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 15,270
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
I think that the 2020 summer schedule is dragging out a bit, as they are working on planning for all the new HND slots.

What route are you specifically looking at?
Whatís dragging out? Itís not going to be announced any time soon other than perhaps the HND flights.
JALPak is online now  
Old Oct 4, 19, 6:17 pm
  #4  
TA
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: if it's Thursday, this must be Belgium
Programs: UA 1K MM
Posts: 6,199
Thanks! I'm looking at NRT-SEA, where up to March 28 it had been timed at 18:05-9:45, underwent a schedule change and is now 18:35-10:30. After March 29, it is still on the old schedule (18:05) but I was anticipating they may change the subsequent days in April similarly with the schedule issuance.
TA is offline  
Old Oct 4, 19, 6:40 pm
  #5  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 15,270
Originally Posted by TA View Post
Thanks! I'm looking at NRT-SEA, where up to March 28 it had been timed at 18:05-9:45, underwent a schedule change and is now 18:35-10:30. After March 29, it is still on the old schedule (18:05) but I was anticipating they may change the subsequent days in April similarly with the schedule issuance.
Itís just summer vs winter schedule. What exactly were you trying to accomplish with this?
JALPak is online now  
Old Oct 4, 19, 7:52 pm
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Posts: 11,109
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
Whatís dragging out? Itís not going to be announced any time soon other than perhaps the HND flights.
The Haneda flights, plus anything affected by the Haneda flights. Shift from Narita to Haneda, reallocation of aircrafts and capacity due to all the US Haneda flights....
CPH-Flyer is online now  
Old Oct 4, 19, 8:16 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: EUG
Programs: BonVoy Ti, IHG Au, HH Au, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred, *$ Au
Posts: 4,748
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
The Haneda flights, plus anything affected by the Haneda flights. Shift from Narita to Haneda, reallocation of aircrafts and capacity due to all the US Haneda flights....
And Olympics too?

Come to think of it, isn't there a domestic slot allocation/reallocation coming up soon as well?
rustykettel is offline  
Old Oct 4, 19, 8:21 pm
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Posts: 11,109
Originally Posted by rustykettel View Post
And Olympics too?

Come to think of it, isn't there a domestic slot allocation/reallocation coming up soon as well?
The domestic allocation has been announced. JAL lost two slots I think it was.
CPH-Flyer is online now  
Old Oct 4, 19, 9:12 pm
  #9  
TA
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: if it's Thursday, this must be Belgium
Programs: UA 1K MM
Posts: 6,199
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
Itís just summer vs winter schedule. What exactly were you trying to accomplish with this?
I have a connection that I would be allowed to modify if the schedule were to change were to impact my connecting time.
TA is offline  
Old Oct 4, 19, 11:07 pm
  #10  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 15,270
Originally Posted by TA View Post
I have a connection that I would be allowed to modify if the schedule were to change were to impact my connecting time.
Donít get your hope up. It will be switched back close to the previous schedule for summer unless they need to change it drastically due to HND expansion.
JALPak is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: