Denied lounge access at HEL

Old Sep 29, 2019, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Gold
Denied lounge access at HEL

Not pleased as the plaza does not allow one to have a shower. So after a long day of running around I now have a 9 hour flight without a shower and change of clothes :-(

No mention on JAL or one world websites.

Very disappointed with JAL.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 1:17 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
https://www.jal.co.jp/en/info/inter/180926.html

You can find this link on the top of JAL HEL Lounge/airport page

Passengers who meet our criteria will be welcomed to "Finnair Platinum Wing" and "Plaza Premium Lounge".
Old Sep 29, 2019, 3:33 pm

Programs: JAL Global Club, ANA Super Flyers
Not sure who told you the Plaza Premium Lounge has no showers, because they have two shower rooms there available for guests. Same thing happened to me last month when I tried to get into the Finnair lounge, but I found the Plaza Premium Lounge just fine. Got onto JL414 that evening freshly showered and ready to sleep.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Mizunara
Not sure who told you the Plaza Premium Lounge has no showers, because they have two shower rooms there available for guests. Same thing happened to me last month when I tried to get into the Finnair lounge, but I found the Plaza Premium Lounge just fine. Got onto JL414 that evening freshly showered and ready to sleep.
On the Finnair forum the showers were reported to be at an additional cost of you access as a paid entry or priority pass. This does not apply to JAL passengers?
Old Sep 29, 2019, 6:16 pm

Programs: JAL Global Club, ANA Super Flyers
They didnt charge me or my guest when we were both there. The front desk didnt ask for our boarding passes either when we both put in shower reservations after having been in the lounge for about an hour. Dont recall seeing a note about getting charged either.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 1:14 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Why are the Finnair lounges constantly under construction?
Old Oct 2, 2019, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by warakorn
Why are the Finnair lounges constantly under construction?
They have been in dire need of expansion...
DiamondMile likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.