Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL to move to Sheremetyevo Airport from Summer 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2019, 11:55 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum

JAL just announced its plan to relocate from DME to SVO in summer 2020. More details will be provided in mid Nov once the relocation plan has been finalized. After the relocation, JL will start codesharing with SU.

https://press.jal.co.jp/en/release/201909/005312.html

Also, JL has announced a seasonal increase of NRT-DME service (up to daily service) during winter 2019 schedule
Old Sep 13, 2019, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
The connections to the city does get better. Traffic to and from Domodedovo can be a nightmare.

I am not convinced that service in Sheremetyevo is much different, neither better not worse than Domodedovo, but I guess they have to pretend there is a reason.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The connections to the city does get better. Traffic to and from Domodedovo can be a nightmare.

I am not convinced that service in Sheremetyevo is much different, neither better not worse than Domodedovo, but I guess they have to pretend there is a reason.
If JAL arrives in Sheremetyevo in the afternoon, there will hordes of Chinese at the arrivals as all the chiniese airlines in Moscow are in sheremetyevo and all arrive in the afternoon.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Philipp Morgenstern
If JAL arrives in Sheremetyevo in the afternoon, there will hordes of Chinese at the arrivals as all the chiniese airlines in Moscow are in sheremetyevo and all arrive in the afternoon.
I guess that would depend on terminal as well. I usually find SVO immigration quicker than DME immigration. But luck, terminal, and time of day does weigh in a lot.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 7:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
SU is SkyTeam and so is MU, so I wold guess that MU and maybe CZ due to their prior SkyTeam membership would use the same terminal, but not Air China (which is in *A).
Old Sep 13, 2019, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My arrivals in SVO are usually either on the last flight of the day from Helsinki, or the morning BA flight out of Heathrow. And that is always empty lanes waiting at immigration.

DME around 3pm is very hit or miss. Can be chaos can be quick.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 8:31 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer

SVO must have improved a lot in the past decade

JAL Relocates to Moscow Domodedovo International Airport
Old Sep 19, 2019, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JALPak
SVO must have improved a lot in the past decade

JAL Relocates to Moscow Domodedovo International Airport
I know press releases are not given under oath, “DME is conveniently located... " is complete BS. Back in 2007 the highway to the airport was not complete, and the so-called express train takes about an hour to cover the 45 Km to the city.. If DME was comvenient in 2007, NRT was a dream of a connected transport hub.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.