First Lounge at HND closed?

Old Sep 10, 19, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, HHonors G, Avis PC, Hertz PC
First Lounge at HND closed?

All,
travelling from HND internationally for first time end of Sep and wanted to try the First Lounge.
is it true that it is closed?
if so, what is the best alternative for F/ OWE?
Old Sep 10, 19, 9:44 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC Gold, IC Plat Amb, Accor Gold
I think that it is the Skyview lounge that is closed at the moment and that the main Sakura Lounge and First Class loinge are open until at least the end of October. Since I have flight in EK F in a couple of weeks I hope that is the case!
Old Sep 10, 19, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pomkiwi View Post
I think that it is the Skyview lounge that is closed at the moment and that the main Sakura Lounge and First Class loinge are open until at least the end of October. Since I have flight in EK F in a couple of weeks I hope that is the case!
Thanks!
Old Sep 10, 19, 1:09 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
I have a flight in F leaving HND in December, I hope the F lounge isn't too impacted by the construction. I saw the notification on the website but there's no details about closures in the next phase after October.

I've not been there in person, but the F lounge doesn't seem like it needs much of a refresh. The area in the "Red Suite" seems particularly nice, maybe some of the other spaces need some updating?
Old Sep 10, 19, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nearlysober View Post
I have a flight in F leaving HND in December, I hope the F lounge isn't too impacted by the construction. I saw the notification on the website but there's no details about closures in the next phase after October.

I've not been there in person, but the F lounge doesn't seem like it needs much of a refresh. The area in the "Red Suite" seems particularly nice, maybe some of the other spaces need some updating?
This is what I think, but given The Olympics coming in 2020, they will show off the very best.
Old Oct 14, 19, 4:21 pm

More details on the closure on official site now: https://www.jal.co.jp/en/info/2019/i...004/index.html

The First Class & Sakura lounges will be completed closed from October 29 - end of March 2020.
Oddly in the table for alternative lounges, they recommend the Sakura lounge, which seems to be the same one that is closed? Might be an error.

Unfortunately it will impact my trip, which is my first ever international first class trip... but hopefully the renovated Sakura Sky Lounge will be a nice experience too.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Oct 14, 19, 5:44 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nearlysober View Post
More details on the closure on official site now: https://www.jal.co.jp/en/info/2019/i...004/index.html

The First Class & Sakura lounges will be completed closed from October 29 - end of March 2020.
Oddly in the table for alternative lounges, they recommend the Sakura lounge, which seems to be the same one that is closed? Might be an error.
Yes, there appears to be an error in the English version of the announcement. The Japanese version reads:
Sakura Lounge Main Building 5th floor near the gate 112.
nearlysober likes this.
Old Oct 14, 19, 5:50 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
I guess it is time to focus more on NRT departures.
Old Oct 15, 19, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Thanks for that information ( planning on going to Tokyo again at the end of November)

How are the other JAL lounges at HND for visiting as the JAL F lounge will be closed ( flying BA Club World and am a one world emerald).? The cathay lounge at HND is ok in my experience/

I do not mind the bus/train to NRT and the BA flight back to LHR is at a more civilised tine ( 1235 from NRT against 0945 from HND)

Many thanks

TBS
Old Oct 15, 19, 4:51 pm

We wont really know how nice the renovated Sakura Skyview lounge is until some time after the 29th, maybe someone passing through can share an impression or some photos here on the forum.

Also will be of interest to see if they have a solution to provide F services, food & drink specifically for F guests, as they're also sending business class & other tiers there. Maybe a temporary cordon, velvet rope situation
Probably not that extreme, but they do mention that shoe shine service is not available to business. So it's also possible that there might be separate seating reserved, or separate bar service? Who knows.

I'm sure the Sakura Lounge experience will be very enjoyable, but like I said, first international F flight so was really looking forward to all the bells and whistles.
Old Oct 15, 19, 4:51 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot View Post
Hi,

Thanks for that information ( planning on going to Tokyo again at the end of November)

How are the other JAL lounges at HND for visiting as the JAL F lounge will be closed ( flying BA Club World and am a one world emerald).? The cathay lounge at HND is ok in my experience/

I do not mind the bus/train to NRT and the BA flight back to LHR is at a more civilised tine ( 1235 from NRT against 0945 from HND)

Many thanks

TBS
The shoes shine service will be setup in the Sky View lounge, I suspect that like last time there was an F lounge refurb there will be an area set aside for emerald members, and that they might have champagne there. But let's see.

Rhe Sakura lounges are not bad, decent food selection, and they also have the JAL curry.

The Annex lounge mentioned is a third party so at least they are adding some capacity.
Old Oct 17, 19, 8:22 pm

Programs: QFF
I'm departing HND on the midnight flight to SIN on the morning of Nov 4.

So the JL lounges that opened in late 2010 in the older part of the building are closed and the lounges that opened with the the 2014 extension are open?
Lauri_fly likes this.
Old Oct 17, 19, 11:10 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Originally Posted by Himeno View Post
I'm departing HND on the midnight flight to SIN on the morning of Nov 4.

So the JL lounges that opened in late 2010 in the older part of the building are closed and the lounges that opened with the the 2014 extension are open?
The F lounge was closed for renovation for part of 2014. It reopened in August or September 2014. So being renovated 5 years later.
Old Oct 26, 19, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Well I have booked a flight back to Tokyo for a weeks holiday at the end of Nov for Winter illuminations! ( I had considered BA but the only seats left were middle aisles) so chose Cathay J via HKG.
Will arrive at NRT and leave from HND ( 1640 flight on Sat 30th Nov).
Hopefully try the JAL lounges at HND (and the Cathay lounge) and post later.

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 26, 19, 6:57 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot View Post
Hi,

Well I have booked a flight back to Tokyo for a weeks holiday at the end of Nov for Winter illuminations! ( I had considered BA but the only seats left were middle aisles) so chose Cathay J via HKG.
Will arrive at NRT and leave from HND ( 1640 flight on Sat 30th Nov).
Hopefully try the JAL lounges at HND (and the Cathay lounge) and post later.

Regards

TBS
The Sakura lounges will be open. While they renovating the Slyview Lounge, they have not had carrier restrictions in place like in Narita. So it will most likely be fine with a bit of Sakura Lounge hopping.

I'll pass through Haneda on the 7th of November and report that state of affairs once the F lounge renovation has started.
Lauri_fly likes this.

Search this Thread