Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Adding non-JAL award reservations to account

Old Sep 8, 2019, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS Gold (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR

I am new to Japan Airlines, so maybe that’s why I don’t know how to link non-JAL award reservations to my JAL online account.

When not logged in on the JAL website, I can go to Manage Booking and choose the Search by Reservation Information which works well to do stuff such as seat updates. But I don’t see an option to add the reservation to my JAL account.

If I choose to log in first, Manage Booking no longer allows me to choose the Search by Reservation Information. In short, I am getting nowhere.

Any suggestion is much appreciated.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
You would need to add your JMB number to the booking for it to show up.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
You would need to add your JMB number to the booking for it to show up.
Mange tak. It worked. Retrieving the reservation, I went into Detailed information, Personal, I think it was, and entered the JAL account number. Verified in the iPhone app.

That was for my AS award reservation. I also have an AA reservation which includes a JAL flight, but AA was not able to provide a JAL record locator, and it appears that when retrieving a reservation, a record locator must be entered even though flight number and date are also asked for.

And it looks like that neither the AA record locator nor the ticket # can be accepted. When calling the JAL US #, the automated system urged customers to step aside for urgent matters. Maybe the SFO runway has something to do with it. Is there an online workaround, and should I just call JAL later?

Its Monday morning alright. FlyerTalk is briefly grounded for scheduled maintenance and upgrades - and will return shortly.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 1:13 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Your reservation is made with a 3rd party, you should contact them instead of JAL since the record is owned by the 3rd party.

the urgent matter recording has less to do with SFO or even the typhoon delay than the ridiculous amount of partner award redeemers and codeshare passengers calling JL for requests simply cannot or should not be done by JAL.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JALPak
Your reservation is made with a 3rd party, you should contact them instead of JAL since the record is owned by the 3rd party.
Thank you. Problem solved. I called AA again, and the fourth person I spoke with after various rerouting suggested the local JAL record locator was the same as the one for YA. It seems counter-intuitive to me, but she tried and it worked, and I eventually got it to work myself too.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by vanillabean
Mange tak
What is Mange tak?

I have the same issue and would love to find a solution. Cannot figure out what you are referring to. thanks!
Old Oct 16, 2019, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by dfaiabohbir8
What is Mange tak?

I have the same issue and would love to find a solution. Cannot figure out what you are referring to. thanks!
Mange tak is thank you in Danish.

If you booked an award reservation with miles from another airline, and need the booking to show up in your JAL a Co, you need to add your JAL number to the booking, you can't do this online with JAL. Either call JAL or the airline you booked with. Alternatively you can try Finnair's manage booking function, I don't know if it works on JAL bookings but it does dobthe trick for many OW bookings.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.