FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank-513/)
-   -   Booked priceline ticket with JAL, miles? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank/1985161-booked-priceline-ticket-jal-miles.html)

mattack4000 Aug 30, 2019 3:16 am

Booked priceline ticket with JAL, miles?

I might be in the wrong section, but question regarding a JAL ticket I got from Priceline. The ticket was only 33% of the price on JAL's website, so I had to book it. Anyway I am curious to see if I actually earn miles from that flight. When I check the ticket, it tells me nothing is applicable to the ticket. I just want to see if there is a way for me to find out if I get miles or not.

CPH-Flyer Aug 30, 2019 3:37 am

Originally Posted by mattack4000 (Post 31472695)
I might be in the wrong section, but question regarding a JAL ticket I got from Priceline. The ticket was only 33% of the price on JAL's website, so I had to book it. Anyway I am curious to see if I actually earn miles from that flight. When I check the ticket, it tells me nothing is applicable to the ticket. I just want to see if there is a way for me to find out if I get miles or not.

Can you see the booking class somewhere?

SugoiHikouki Aug 30, 2019 10:13 am

If you look up the flight on JAL (via your JMB or other info), it'll show it there. Alternatively, it's pretty easy to check before booking by pulling the same fare on itamatrix

mattack4000 Aug 30, 2019 10:38 am

No it is blank, it says data not applicable. This was also a weird ticket because it was about $12K (3 people) on JAL, $5K on Google's site, except when I click on it, Priceline and CheapOair can get that same ticket for $1100 each. Not sure if it is some sort of tour rate, maybe I get nothing?

SugoiHikouki Aug 30, 2019 2:34 pm

Is that under "Flight information" or "Fare terms and conditions"? I have "Not applicable to this fare" in fare terms, but if I expand the legs under Flight information, I can see my fare class. You can also try to click the "eTicket" button and look at that. The CLS column in the itinerary should tell you the booking class as well. There's also the fare basis code on that document. (FWIW I booked a ticket on Priceline that I couldn't book anywhere else so I wonder if we're in a similar situation.)

It's not clear to me how to distinguish a normal fare vs a package tour fare though. I'd have to defer to others on that.

mattack4000 Aug 31, 2019 12:46 am

Good call, I had to go under flight information to get it. It goes under Booking Class H, it earns 70% of the 7000 butt miles. Given that this is a flight during the New Years, I guess I can't complaint. Cattle on JAL is better than most other places.