FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank-513/)
-   -   New MAISON KITSUNÉ and BEAMS Business Class amenity kits from end of Aug 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank/1984681-new-maison-kitsune-beams-business-class-amenity-kits-end-aug-2019-a.html)

JALPak Aug 27, 2019 3:34 am

New MAISON KITSUNÉ and BEAMS Business Class amenity kits from end of Aug 2019

https://press.jal.co.jp/en/release/201908/005290.html

For flights departing Japan, an amenity kit designed in collaboration with MAISON KITSUNÉ will be provided for JAL`s Business Class customers. MAISON KITSUNÉ was founded in 2002 in Paris by Gildas Loaec and Masaya Kuroki. The word kitsune is derived from a Japanese word for fox, and in Japanese folklore, it is said that foxes have the ability to shapeshift into various forms. Staying true to its name, MAISON KITSUNÉ is known as a fashion brand that expresses a fusion of modern and culture. This will be their first collaboration to create an amenity kit for the airline industry.On flights arriving into Japan, the amenity kit is designed in collaboration with BEAMS, a Japanese brand pioneering in lifestyle retailing. The kit features a unique pattern found in popular clothing materials and will introduce a new design every 3 months, as with the four seasons of Japan.

rustykettel Aug 27, 2019 4:48 pm

:( Will miss the seasonal tsurumaru pattern kits for flights departing to Japan.

coolfish1103 Aug 29, 2019 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel (Post 31463668)
:( Will miss the seasonal tsurumaru pattern kits for flights departing to Japan.

Not going missed a bit, I find those Tsurumaru kits too colorful. However, this is only for Business Class...

NYCBunny Aug 30, 2019 3:15 pm

I got one of these last weekend when I flew back to NY. As a man, I have to say I really liked it because it felt way more masculine than some of the others I've gotten (looking at you, sakura pink Tsurumaru bag I got on the way to Japan in the beginning of August). The inside has a nice red, black, gray, and white camo design. Overall, quite nice.

Shareholder Jan 14, 2020 11:02 am

The JL website now shows a smaller, sack like business amenity kit for its South East Asian flights. Can anyone confirm what type of kit one receives on the overnight SIN-HND and the evening NRT-SIN flights. Thanks.

JALPak Jan 14, 2020 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Shareholder (Post 31949561)
The JL website now shows a smaller, sack like business amenity kit for its South East Asian flights. Can anyone confirm what type of kit one receives on the overnight SIN-HND and the evening NRT-SIN flights. Thanks.

I have a couple of those in my suitcase, haven’t opened them but looks like toothbrush, eye mask and ear plugs. Just like those they used to hand out in a basket. Can open one up to see contents when I get home.

CPH-Flyer Jan 15, 2020 1:37 am

Originally Posted by JALPak (Post 31949719)
I have a couple of those in my suitcase, haven’t opened them but looks like toothbrush, eye mask and ear plugs. Just like those they used to hand out in a basket. Can open one up to see contents when I get home.

That plus the moisture mask is what is in the bags. Have opened plenty.

hp12c Jan 15, 2020 4:14 am

Deleted

CPH-Flyer Jan 15, 2020 5:12 am

Originally Posted by hp12c (Post 31952690)
And lip balm. Menturm in the Beams bags and Maison Kitsune branded balm in the Maison Kitsune bags.

But we were talking about the smaller bags on intra Asia routes.

hp12c Jan 15, 2020 5:13 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 31952803)
But we were talking about the smaller bags on intra Asia routes.

Oops. Deleted.