Diamond strategies

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2019, 7:50 am
mhy
Original Poster

Programs: JGC
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Just in the nick of time!
Welcome to Diamond, and lets meet up in a lounge (hopefully NRT international lounge) sometime in the coming few months.
FYI, I am leaning on getting the 60,000 eJAL points as my choice selection (I don't have immediate family that needs Diamond status, and dont need the JAL coupons).
Keep us posted on your epic run at the end of the year.
Will do - managed to snag F for all 4 flights so hopefully it will not be too tiring

I will either go for the 60,000 eJAL points as well, or maybe get my parents something from the gift selection if there's something that looks nice...
Old Nov 7, 2019, 5:16 pm

Programs: Salaryman One World Sapphire
Originally Posted by mhy
Will do - managed to snag F for all 4 flights so hopefully it will not be too tiring

I will either go for the 60,000 eJAL points as well, or maybe get my parents something from the gift selection if there's something that looks nice...
I am curious how much does it cost to do your final leg of ITM-HND-OKA-HND-ITM if you dont mind sharing?
Old Nov 8, 2019, 10:37 am
mhy
Original Poster

Originally Posted by minizian
I am curious how much does it cost to do your final leg of ITM-HND-OKA-HND-ITM if you dont mind sharing?
I paid the regular / tokubin F fares...so way more than I should have spent... I've PM'ed you.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 2:19 am
mhy
Original Poster

So, the mileage run is complete and I am now happily a newly minted JMB(JGC) Diamond! Likely will drop down to JGC Premier or even Sapphire in 2021, but looking forward to enjoying this status in 2020.

ITM-HND-OKA-HND-ITM was not terrible, as I did all of it in F - I only ate one meal on board though, since the airports kept me fed. I had stayed overnight at ITM at the terminal hotel so that helped me not become exhausted.

Funnily enough, the middle-aged couple next to me on OKA-HND were also doing a mileage run. I heard the cabin crew ask them “Are you going on vacation?” To which the husband replied “No...” then the CA asked “Ah, you’re returning from vacation then?” To which the husband sheepishly replied “No...we’re doing 修行(mileage run)”. I grinned inside.

Planning to take a couple of domestic flights in before I leave Japan to see if I notice anything different.
minizian likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.