FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank-513/)
-   -   New safety video from Sep 1 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank/1984026-new-safety-video-sep-1-2019-a.html)

JALPak Aug 22, 2019 4:03 am

New safety video from Sep 1 2019

https://press.jal.co.jp/en/release/201908/005280.html

Instead of doing those Hollywood style production safety video, JAL is putting safety first and has worked with safety experts to highlight potential issues based on recent incidents in the industry

With a focus on in-flight safety, the video draws on actual incidents that have recently taken place across the airline industry. Throughout the production of the video, the carrier received advice from the company`s Safety Advisory Group, chaired by Professor Kunio Yanagida. The group consists of 5 external experts with knowledge and experience in human factors, analysis of failure and imperfection, organizational operation and safety.

Mizunara Aug 22, 2019 8:15 am

At least the animation no longer feels like it’s from the early 1990’s!

Jinxed_K Aug 22, 2019 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Mizunara (Post 31443818)

Haha, same first impression I had.
I like that they're still clear and to the point without any of the fanciness.
Although I do want to see what kind of high budget video JAL could come up with if they wanted to, ANA's Kabuki video might be hard to beat.

rustykettel Aug 22, 2019 10:38 am

Interim safety video? :p Recut or replace once the new uniforms are fielded perhaps...

I do like it. Focuses on what needs to be said and isn't excessively long.

JALPak Aug 22, 2019 11:03 am

Originally Posted by rustykettel (Post 31444362)
Interim safety video? :p Recut or replace once the new uniforms are fielded perhaps...

I do like it. Focuses on what needs to be said and isn't excessively long.

I bet the same CA has already shot the same footage with the new uniform :)

rustykettel Aug 22, 2019 11:57 am

Originally Posted by JALPak (Post 31444446)

I bet the same CA has already shot the same footage with the new uniform :)

Efficiency!

JALPak Aug 22, 2019 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Mizunara (Post 31443818)

welcome to HD :D

coolfish1103 Aug 23, 2019 9:39 pm

Short is good. Don't need excessive long safety videos.

FireEmblemPride Aug 25, 2019 12:22 am

Loved it, especially the bit about not bringing your luggage with you in an emergency.

NYCBunny Aug 25, 2019 4:03 am

I was reading in the in-flight magazine that there would be a new safety video next month, interesting to actually see it. In all candor, kinda sad that they're changing the old one. It's so old at this point it's now quite charming. I did try to record the video on my flight back home yesterday. Unfortunately about 35 seconds into the video the CA immediately stood in front on me and asked to check if my SkySuite seat was in the right position and then spent 5 seconds holding the button down. So my video has about 10 seconds of Biz class CA in it /facepalm

JALPak Aug 25, 2019 4:05 am

Originally Posted by NYCBunny (Post 31454103)
I was reading in the in-flight magazine that there would be a new safety video next month, interesting to actually see it. In all candor, kinda sad that they're changing the old one. It's so old at this point it's now quite charming. I did try to record the video on my flight back home yesterday. Unfortunately about 35 seconds into the video the CA immediately stood in front on me and asked to check if my SkySuite seat was in the right position and then spent 5 seconds holding the button down. So my video has about 10 seconds of Biz class CA in it /facepalm

the old one is on YouTube too

NYCBunny Aug 25, 2019 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak (Post 31454104)

the old one is on YouTube too

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Dh2G4pmMhY

Sweet! Thanks, JALPak.

Unimatrix One Aug 25, 2019 10:39 pm

I will miss the old video. It's been around since about 2005/2006. I got used to hearing the background music at the start of every flight, and now I associate it with the exciting feeling of going somewhere far away. Will miss not having that music to mark the start of each journey.

JALPak Aug 25, 2019 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by Unimatrix One (Post 31456742)
I will miss the old video. It's been around since about 2005/2006. I got used to hearing the background music at the start of every flight, and now I associate it with the exciting feeling of going somewhere far away. Will miss not having that music to mark the start of each journey.

how about this one?

Unimatrix One Aug 26, 2019 4:04 am

Originally Posted by JALPak (Post 31456795)

how about this one?

Yes, I remember that one too!! :)