Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JGC Family Member Card and American Airlines

Old Jul 25, 19, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ANA Mileage Club

Hello Everyone!

I completed NH’s SFC last year and I am working on JAL’s JGC this year.

Has anyone created a family member’s credit card for JGC to extend their perks to family members.

I have the option to make one for my parents but they only fly domestic AA 5-10 times a year. Should I ask them to switch their AA membership numbers to JMB ones instead? They will get a 35% bonus? More if the JGC card is gold or platinum?

Basically, anyone with JGC family card advice, I’d appreciate to hear your experience. Thanks!

Last edited by Nick Delgrego; Jul 25, 19 at 11:58 pm Reason: Misspell
Old Jul 29, 19, 4:56 am
Original Poster

So?

so that’s nobody with a family JGC Card?
Old Jul 30, 19, 8:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Um....
if you live with your parents at the same address, the they qualify for you to get them JAL cards and extend the JGC benefits. Yes, they’ll get the 35% miles bonus.
whether they should switch from their AA numbers, nobody can advise you on this.
Whether the 100 usd (10,800 jpy) /5000 miles per card annual fee is worth it for 4-5 flights a year, that’s up to you to do the math.
Gold or platinum doesn’t increase your flight bonus rate since your status is still JGC. Only your shopping miles accrual rate increases. Google up the details!
Old Jul 30, 19, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Thank you!

Tokyoite - thank you for the information. I had googled most of it, but I was wondering about the using the US domestic lounges for JGC (NH SFC can use them but they always look at me weird when I hand them my SFC card.)

For someone who lives in Japan though, with NH the platinum card does effect miles but it appears that is not the case for JAL? Platinum Card Bonus OR JCG bonus? Thanks again for the advice!

Old Jul 31, 19, 9:11 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
JGC member can use AA flagship lounge when flying domestic.

i use it all the time despite clearing my upgrade as AA exec plat, and use JGC for lounge access.
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Aug 2, 19, 1:17 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by pbd456 View Post
JGC member can use AA flagship lounge when flying domestic.

i use it all the time despite clearing my upgrade as AA exec plat, and use JGC for lounge access.
Did you mean JGC Premier? JGC gives you OW Sapphire status which is only eligible for Admirals Club access, not the Flagship Lounge.
Old Aug 2, 19, 1:23 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Unimatrix One View Post
Did you mean JGC Premier? JGC gives you OW Sapphire status which is only eligible for Admirals Club access, not the Flagship Lounge.
You need to check the AA lounge criteria

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...hip-lounge.jsp
Old Aug 2, 19, 1:47 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
oneworld sapphire can enter flagship lounge. i have been using it in last few years on AA domestic flights. clearing upgrade as exe plat AND accessing flagship lounge.
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Aug 2, 19, 5:49 am

Programs: JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Amtrak Select Plus,Hotels.com Gold
Can confirm JGC gets you into Flagship, I've had a metric crapton of work flights this month between LAX and JFK and was let into the Flagship each time.
Old Aug 2, 19, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Thanks again

metric crapton... love it.

Anyway i I pulled this from the flagship webpage. It looks nearly identical to ANA passengers flying on United domestic. As long as you are NOT using the domestic airlines elite status you get access! Crazy!

Oneworld sapphire and emerald access
Get access if you’re departing on or connecting to any flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline (regardless of cabin). AAdvantage® Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum customers traveling solely on North American itineraries do not qualify for Flagship Lounge access.**

Guest access

1 guest (children over 2 count as a guest).

**North America is defined as the United States (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except MEX), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean.

Old Aug 7, 19, 5:26 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post

You need to check the AA lounge criteria

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...hip-lounge.jsp
I stand corrected! I was thinking of several years ago when only OWE could enter the FS lounge.
Old Aug 15, 19, 6:50 pm

Programs: JL JML, EK G, BA Silver, TK GLD, UA Silver
That's one thing I'm loving AA. OW Sapphire did get you access into their Flagship lounges, while their own EXP didn't.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: