BOS or ORD to Narita

Old Jul 18, 19, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
BOS or ORD to Narita

Hi All,

I'm just back from my all economy trip CLT-JFK-NRT-BKK-HND-JFK-CLT and I was impressed. I'm a big 777 fan and most of my travels when I was a youngster were on 747-400s and 777s. However, I thought that the JAL 787 was fantastic.

I am about to make a One way business AA redemption booking for August and need a little advice please -

Option 1
CLT-BOS AA
BOS-NRT JL7
NRT-BKK JL707

Option 2
CLT-ORD AA
ORD-NRT JL8055
NRT-BKK JL707

The price is the same, the journey time is almost the same. JL7 is a 789 and JL8055 is a 788. I'm leaning towards JL8055 as the business cabin is a lot smaller. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions if either of these fights is better than the other please?

edit - I forgot to mention that I have OWE so does ORD or BOS have a oneworld first class lounge or better business class lounges than each other please?
Old Jul 18, 19, 6:24 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
ORD better than BOS
OW lounges and a more direct flight path from your origin in CLT

capin and Tilto007 like this.
Old Jul 18, 19, 8:12 am

Programs: Delta, United, Miles & More, AA, Avis, Hertz, National, SPG, Le Club Accorhotels
I fly out of Boston on JL7 all the time. You use the British Airways lounge in Terminal E. I prefer the 789 over the 788 because of the newer windows of the plane ( darker) and (IMHO) the newer SkySuite seats are more comfortable than the older Business class seats.
capin and Tokyoite like this.
Old Jul 18, 19, 11:41 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by skyrider117 View Post
I fly out of Boston on JL7 all the time. You use the British Airways lounge in Terminal E. I prefer the 789 over the 788 because of the newer windows of the plane ( darker) and (IMHO) the newer SkySuite seats are more comfortable than the older Business class seats.
What older business class seats? Both routes have the same seats.

Search this Thread