Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Question about JGC Premier Renewal (new criteria?)

Question about JGC Premier Renewal (new criteria?)

Old Apr 24, 20, 4:10 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Asia Miles. Not bothering to join Marco Polo.
Originally Posted by Mirage07 View Post
Thanks Tokyoite. Regarding the points you mentioned:

1. Confirmed that nothing was deducted (there is no activity in my account since last fall).
2. I do have more than 5K miles, yes.
3. I do not have any of the JAL cards you mentioned (or any JAL card, for that matter, aside from the JMB Sapphire / JGC membership card).
4. I am not part of any JAL Family Club group.

Any other thoughts?
Well, if you log into https://www.jal.co.jp/arl/en/jmb/ , are you still Sapphire?

Or Green?
Old Apr 25, 20, 7:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, JMB Sapphire
It doesn't say what my tier is. There is the following image next to my FLY ON points summary (which is zero):

Old Apr 25, 20, 7:52 am

It doesn't say what my tier is. There is the following image next to my FLY ON points summary (which is zero):

This is what my wife has (not JGC member)

When you enrolled into JGC, did you tick the “5,000 miles deduction for membership renewal” “I accept” on the beige form?
Old Apr 25, 20, 2:01 pm

Yep, I'm pretty sure that I did.
Old Apr 25, 20, 3:26 pm

That's odd

And prior to 31 March 2020 you became JGC Sapphire not JMB Sapphire, and have received replacement cards (in 2018)?
Old Apr 25, 20, 3:53 pm

I earned JMB Sapphire at the end of 2018, and received a paper invitation to join JGC shortly thereafter in early 2019. I sent in the completed JGC form and at some point received a JGC luggage tag from JAL (I thought I had received a separate JGC membership card/materials, but cannot find them now). My JMB Sapphire membership card says 2018/2019 year, i.e., valid through March 2020.
Old Apr 25, 20, 5:19 pm

I thought I had received a separate JGC membership card/materials, but cannot find them now
Not the first time this week I heard that (I had someone who swore they filed partner status for wife before 31 Jan 2020 only for JAL to send them a bunch of coupons and refuse to take them back)

I do have a data point where JAL accepted a belated JGC application (my partner status nominee). Get in touch with your JAL office, preferably with your JGC application form copy.

Last edited by percysmith; Apr 25, 20 at 5:24 pm
Old Apr 25, 20, 5:32 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by percysmith View Post
Not the first time this week I heard that (I had someone who swore they filed partner status for wife before 31 Jan 2020 only for JAL to send them a bunch of coupons and refuse to take them back)

I do have a data point where JAL accepted a belated JGC application (my partner status nominee). Get in touch with your JAL office, preferably with your JGC application form copy.
Just to be clear, partner status nominee is NOT eligible for JGC unless the nominee has earned the required FOPs to qualify himself/herself. So I assume you were referring to JGCP partner nominee who has to be a JGC member to receive the partner status.
Old Apr 25, 20, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
Just to be clear, partner status nominee is NOT eligible for JGC unless the nominee has earned the required FOPs to qualify himself/herself. So I assume you were referring to JGCP partner nominee who has to be a JGC member to receive the partner status.
Of course. My nomination failed because the nominee failed to correctly file JGC application. We had to go fix his JGC status before the nomination can proceed.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: