Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Can I combine a ticket for a JAL flight and Vistara flight?

Old Jun 19, 19, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

I am looking at a mileage ticket from DEL-MSY on Japan Airlines, getting it at a saver level. Problem is that I am actually flying out of AMD but can get a 1 way ticket on Vistara from AMD-DEL. I know that when you fly on separate tickets that you are SOL if something happens to your flight and in regards to bags, they won't let you check through the whole way. But Vistara is a codeshare partner with JAL so in theory this could be combined as a single ticket? Has anyone done this before? Don't wanna pull the trigger until I know it can be done and the AMD-MSY mileage ticket is unavailable
Old Jun 20, 19, 5:33 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
You can't combine a revenue and an award booking in one ticket. So if there are no award seats available on Vistara, your only option is two tickets. Or of course, revenue all the way.
Old Jun 20, 19, 10:53 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
You can't combine a revenue and an award booking in one ticket. So if there are no award seats available on Vistara, your only option is two tickets. Or of course, revenue all the way.
Vistara is not a FFP partner. Even if they were, can you combine Vistara, JL, and AA?
Old Jun 20, 19, 11:05 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post

Vistara is not a FFP partner. Even if they were, can you combine Vistara, JL, and AA?
Where is JAL and Vistara actually in their cooperation plans? Have they started codeshre yet?
Old Jun 21, 19, 12:18 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
Where is JAL and Vistara actually in their cooperation plans? Have they started codeshre yet?
codesharing has nothing to do with FFP partnership Look at JL and CI
Old Jun 21, 19, 12:35 am

2019 Secret Santa

Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
codesharing has nothing to do with FFP partnership Look at JL and CI
It does to a certain extend, in as much as JMB members can accrue miles once the JL code appears on the Vistara flight. They would need to book under the code though.

Search this Thread