Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Any perks with dinging JGC Premier while midtrip in Japan

Old Jun 18, 19, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Amtrak Select Plus,Hotels.com Gold

Hey all, so after some fudging with my schedule and many many flights, I will be in Japan a little later in the summer and while there I'll be dinging up from JGC Sapphire to JGC Premier. I'm wondering besides finally getting access to the F lounge in Narita for the flight back to the US, is there anything "new"I can experience that I wouldn't have being JGC for a decade now? I'm assuming it's still the same International security checkpoint that I've used as a JGC member for some time now.

Also, how "wowed" should I be by the F lounge over the regular Sakura lounge?
Old Jun 18, 19, 10:20 pm

Programs: JL Diamond, CX Gold, HH Gold
Your miles and FOPs would be credited 2-3 days post-flight, and status will be changed on the next day after FOP threshold reached.
They won't be able to know you reached a new tier in flight.

In fact, there are way too many JGP around the globe - I doubt you will feel 'being special' while flying as JGP on JAL.
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Jun 19, 19, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AmD950 View Post
Your miles and FOPs would be credited 2-3 days post-flight, and status will be changed on the next day after FOP threshold reached.
They won't be able to know you reached a new tier in flight.

In fact, there are way too many JGP around the globe - I doubt you will feel 'being special' while flying as JGP on JAL.
I'm in Japan for a month, I'll have about 3 weeks after I ding JGC Premier before I fly back, so I'll clear it well before I leave. It's more about additional perks or services available because it's the emerald tier vs sapphire.
Old Jun 19, 19, 6:31 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by NYCBunny View Post
I'm in Japan for a month, I'll have about 3 weeks after I ding JGC Premier before I fly back, so I'll clear it well before I leave. It's more about additional perks or services available because it's the emerald tier vs sapphire.
nothing other than F lounge and F tags, the annual useless coupons and possibly more seat selection options
Old Jun 19, 19, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JALPak View Post

nothing other than F lounge and F tags, the annual useless coupons and possibly more seat selection options
Thanks, JALPak. Any perks on the domestic side beside F security lines that goes straight to the lounge and the Diamond lounge?
Old Jun 19, 19, 7:13 am

Thanks, JALPak. Any perks on the domestic side beside F security lines that goes straight to the lounge and the Diamond lounge?
no
Old Jun 19, 19, 8:57 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Way too many JGP/Diamonds around. Always around 10-20 per JAL flight.
However, you'll enjoy the F lounge & BTO sushi station, F priority tags, and higher chance of op ups in Japan domestic flights!
I too am finally expecting to get over the JGP threshold next month after 5 years as a JGC Sapphire, and are slightly giddy about this elevated status.
(Courtesy of FOPs from the ongoing RGN-USA JAL biz class sale fare)
Old Jun 19, 19, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tokyoite View Post
However, you'll enjoy the F lounge & BTO sushi station, F priority tags, and higher chance of op ups in Japan domestic flights!
I too am finally expecting to get over the JGP threshold next month after 5 years as a JGC Sapphire, and are slightly giddy about this elevated status.
Cheers to us then for making it finally! I've been very surprised while flying all over the place domestically with JAL how the JGC status seems to override whatever other status I reached. Curious to see when flying domestically this summer if it still just shows me as JGC when I scan the ticket during boarding.
Old Jun 19, 19, 9:47 am

Cheers to us then for making it finally! I've been very surprised while flying all over the place domestically with JAL how the JGC status seems to override whatever other status I reached. Curious to see when flying domestically this summer if it still just shows me as JGC when I scan the ticket during boarding.
I guess you have not flown JL for a while or your status is below sapphire then. It hasnít been that way for a while.
Old Jun 19, 19, 9:48 am

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
JGC exceeds Sapphire, hence boarding gate shows that. Once you are JGP it will show that. It also shows Diamond.
Old Jun 19, 19, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
JGC exceeds Sapphire
No, it's the other way round since Amadeus LOL
Old Jun 19, 19, 12:41 pm
jix

Programs: SPG/Marriott Platinum, AA Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, AC 25K, WS Silver
If they still run the wifi promo and you're on JL flight return, you can register for it and get the code valid for multiple times as JGC.
Old Jun 19, 19, 8:03 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
No, it's the other way round since Amadeus LOL
Debatable. The JGC check in counters, the JGC luggage tags, Sapphire gets neither. So from a service perspective, it does outrank a mere sapphire
Old Jun 19, 19, 10:18 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond
Originally Posted by Tokyoite View Post
I bought the same ticket with the Seattle campaign and decided to go for emerald.
Will fly to Taipei next month as my first flight as emerald but know I cannot expect much as HND-TSA is notorious for the number of status holders
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Jun 20, 19, 8:22 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Really hoping for another double FOP bonanza next year.
The new BLR (Bangalore) route starting in March 2020 (or thereabouts) should have a similar offer.
(Kona never did, MEL only had a double miles campaign if memory serves me right).

Search this Thread