Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

does NRT still have JL transit desk that can issue boarding pass?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2019, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat

I'm contemplating transiting NRT from TG to JL flight with the latter on AA-issued ticket. I see that JL has on-line check-in available as below
https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/boarding/quic/

I have concerns that the website might not accept check-in for AA-issued ticket, so I would need a back-up plan to obtain a boarding pass (security seems to refuse passengers access to connections without valid boarding pass). Does JL still have a transit desk at NRT where I could obtain a boarding pass prior to passing security for connecting flights?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Jun 11, 2019, 10:28 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
You do realize TG uses T1 and JL used T2 right? You will need to take a airside bus ride to connect. I know there are transit desk at T2 but not sure about T1
Old Jun 12, 2019, 6:15 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Totoro
(security seems to refuse passengers access to connections without valid boarding pass)
Has that changed? A printed copy of your onward itinerary/ticket confirmation should be sufficient for transfer security.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 6:27 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Totoro
I'm contemplating transiting NRT from TG to JL flight with the latter on AA-issued ticket. I see that JL has on-line check-in available as below
https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/boarding/quic/

I have concerns that the website might not accept check-in for AA-issued ticket, so I would need a back-up plan to obtain a boarding pass (security seems to refuse passengers access to connections without valid boarding pass). Does JL still have a transit desk at NRT where I could obtain a boarding pass prior to passing security for connecting flights?

Thanks in advance for your help!
You will arrive at Terminal 1 South at NRT on your flight on TG. Look for international transit sign as you deplane, show your printed itinerary for your JL flight out of Terminal 2, you will be shown where inter-Terminal transfer bus area and take a bus to Terminal 2. Once at Terminal 2 you can get a boarding pass for your JL flight.

However, you should able to do online check-in from 24 hrs. prior to the departure of your JL flight even if the ticket was issued by AA. There are two situations:

1) If your JL flight was ticketed under AA flight number as code share, then you should able to online check-in from AA.com using six digit confirmation code you received from AA.

2) If your JL flight was ticketed under JL flight number, then you should able to online check-in from JAL website using JL six digit confirmation code. Since the ticket was issued by AA, to get JL six digit confirmation code you have to call AA and ask AA what is JL conformation code. (Six digit confirmation code shown on your AA reservation is different from six digit conformation code for JL's reservation system)

P.S.
One common situation when on-line check in is not possible is due to your passport issuing country that AA system or JL system determine that there need to be a document check. If such happen then you will not able to do on-line check in and has to wait till you are at the airport.

Last edited by AlwaysAisle; Jun 12, 2019 at 7:35 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.