Osaka (ITM) - NRT - SAN question

Old May 30, 2019, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Osaka (ITM) - NRT - SAN question

JAL has connecting flights from Osaka to San Diego: ITM - NRT - SAN. Is an hour and ten minutes layover time at NRT sufficient? Traveling with US passport. Thanks.
Old May 30, 2019, 4:28 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by getmethere
JAL has connecting flights from Osaka to San Diego: ITM - NRT - SAN. Is an hour and ten minutes layover time at NRT sufficient? Traveling with US passport. Thanks.
yes
Old May 30, 2019, 6:53 pm

I have flown that route many times (JL65/66 & JL3005/3006), but have never had a problem. I had to run to the gate with an agent once though.
Old May 31, 2019, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses. The flights are JL3006 and JL66. I assume that I will go through immigration at ITM, and not at NRT?
Old May 31, 2019, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Thanks for the responses. The flights are JL3006 and JL66. I assume that I will go through immigration at ITM, and not at NRT?
Hi.

Per here,

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/airport/nrt/connect/

Immigration will be done at NRT.

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 1, 2019, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Thanks so much for that link. Hope the first flight will be on time!
Old Jun 1, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.6 MM
I think you will be fine. Don't underestimate Japanese efficiency!
Old Jun 2, 2019, 7:41 am
Original Poster

First time flying JAL, may learn to appreciate Japanese efficiency.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 1:13 pm

Programs: United, AA, KrisFlyer
First time flying JAL, may learn to appreciate Japanese efficiency.
One thing I love about Japan is their attention to schedules. The only time I've arrived at a destination behind schedule was on a local train and, even then, I think we were five minutes late. The conductor apologized over the train's intercom and then the station agent came out to apologize.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 11:37 pm

Programs: JMB
One great thing about flying in Japan is, they don't WANT you to miss your flight, and will do everything in their power to get you on. Much different than the US where it feels like they're trying to get you to miss it.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by CaliforniaSteve
One thing I love about Japan is their attention to schedules. The only time I've arrived at a destination behind schedule was on a local train and, even then, I think we were five minutes late. The conductor apologized over the train's intercom and then the station agent came out to apologize.
Delays on domestic flights are not that rare. Was flying back from Okinawa yesterday, and everything seemed to be delayed. But at arrival in Haneda a bunch of staff members were around to help people make their connections.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.