SkySuite Audio Jack

Old May 29, 19, 10:51 am
_fx
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG
SkySuite Audio Jack

Anyone know if an adapter is required and/or provided on international J SkySuite seats, or will a standard AUX cable work?

I recently purchased a pair of Bose QC 35 headphones and they did not come with an audio adapter Hoping I can still use them.
Old May 29, 19, 8:14 pm

Programs: JGC Diamond, Marriott Gold
An adaptor is required.
The seat has the standard airline dual prong 3.5mm back.
In J they provide Sony NC headphones, decent, but your QC35 are probably better.
_fx likes this.
Old May 30, 19, 4:13 am

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
That's incredibly cheap of Bosť not provide a 2 cent adaptor when they sell a pair of high end headphones. However, an adaptor can be bought easily at most airports.

You need it for F, J, and PY on JAL. In Y it depends on the generation of the seat.
Old May 30, 19, 5:02 am
mhy

Programs: JL / OW Sapphire, Hilton Gold
Adapter required. I found out the hard way last week on their 77W in J

The provided SONY headphones were OK, but not as good as my QC20s. I don't know if they have them available onboard though.
Old May 30, 19, 9:26 am
_fx
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG
Thanks for the info. Went ahead and ordered one. Definitely annoying it was not included, canít cost them more than a few cents to manufacture...
Old May 30, 19, 12:34 pm

Programs: JMB
I kinda find that interesting... is it because the QC35s are wireless and Bose expects you to use them with bluetooth rather than wire them up?
I got the older generation QC25 wired recently and it came with the dual prong adapter.

Last edited by Jinxed_K; May 30, 19 at 12:39 pm
Old May 30, 19, 2:54 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott GLD; Hilton GLD; Free Agent (former AA PLT/US GLD)
Originally Posted by _fx View Post
Thanks for the info. Went ahead and ordered one. Definitely annoying it was not included, can’t cost them more than a few cents to manufacture...
While I still had a pair of QC35IIs I was able to get a free adapter from a Bose store. I walked in asking to buy one, and the rep just gave one to me. But they definitely don't make the headphones like they used to, that pair broke after just 17 months.
Old May 30, 19, 5:07 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Jinxed_K View Post
I kinda find that interesting... is it because the QC35s are wireless and Bose expects you to use them with bluetooth rather than wire them up?
I got the older generation QC25 wired recently and it came with the dual prong adapter.
They should know a very large share of the usage of these headphones will be on flights, and no IFE offers bluetooth connection. But maybe they are just preparing for all airlines going stream the content to your own device.
Old May 30, 19, 6:31 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
They should know a very large share of the usage of these headphones will be on flights, and no IFE offers bluetooth connection. But maybe they are just preparing for all airlines going stream the content to your own device.
Some carriers are getting rid of the dual prong
Old May 30, 19, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak View Post

Some carriers are getting rid of the dual prong
I know.. But mostly not in the premium cabins, where they keep it, as they worry a single prong will make people walk off with their headphones.
Old May 30, 19, 10:19 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
I know.. But mostly not in the premium cabins, where they keep it, as they worry a single prong will make people walk off with their headphones.
I think CX got rid of that in J but I could be wrong.
Old May 30, 19, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak View Post

I think CX got rid of that in J but I could be wrong.
They would anyway ensure the no stealing based on headphones they have.... :]

Can't remember clearly, but you might well be right for the A350. Probably still a mix.

Search this Thread