Joint Venture with MH

Old May 27, 19, 2:52 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Joint Venture with MH

Old May 27, 19, 11:40 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
A bit like the UA NH JV, I know very clearly what metal I will be on....

I wonder why they need this. But maybe it will end up the same way as the SU JV.
Admiral Ackbar likes this.
Old May 29, 19, 6:24 am

Programs: AA PtPro (1 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Since two internationally reported incidents on MH (KUL-PEK 777 went missing without trace, and AMS-KUL 777 shot down over Ukraine) it is well reported that MH is not doing financially well at all. Some on the media is saying how long MH will last. My guess is MH needed this JV more than JL needed this JV.
MSPeconomist and Tokyoite like this.
Old May 29, 19, 4:12 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Yeah, I clearly see the benefits for MH here. But I do struggle a bit to see what JL wants to gain.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old May 29, 19, 4:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is JAL possibly considering buying MH, of course at the right price, and sees this as a way to get more information about MH?
Old May 29, 19, 4:30 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Is JAL possibly considering buying MH, of course at the right price, and sees this as a way to get more information about MH?
They might, but they better make very sure that government influences on future decisions is brought down to zero before making the acquisition.
Old May 29, 19, 9:34 pm

Maybe JAL is not being able to compete with MH prices. JV would be a good way to level both prices up.
Similar to what happened with AA. I can't find the good prices AA had before the JV.
Old May 30, 19, 1:08 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Do we get bonus miles now with MH?
Old Jun 3, 19, 9:59 pm

Programs: JL OW Sapphire, NH *A Gold
Originally Posted by coolfish1103 View Post
Do we get bonus miles now with MH?
No idea for MH case. But JL's policy is simple. Any flights booked as JL marketed flights(JLxxxx) are considered as JL flight.
Old Jun 3, 19, 10:18 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Originally Posted by LandMiler View Post
No idea for MH case. But JL's policy is simple. Any flights booked as JL marketed flights(JLxxxx) are considered as JL flight.
Yes but with BA and AA JV elite members get extra miles to spend compared to other OW partners, so it will be interesting to see if that comes with MH as well.
Old Jun 3, 19, 11:44 pm

Programs: JL OW Sapphire, NH *A Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
Yes but with BA and AA JV elite members get extra miles to spend compared to other OW partners, so it will be interesting to see if that comes with MH as well.
Oh I missed that point.
https://www.jal.co.jp/en/jalmile/flyon/status.html

No bonus for AY so far...?
Old Sep 17, 19, 1:30 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
https://www.todayonline.com/world/ja...aysia-airlines

buying stakes because that’s what the governments want? Why do that when they won’t even give us equal and fair slot allocation?

Search this Thread