Arrival services in HND

Old May 26, 19, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Arrival services in HND

Hi all.
New to flying JAL. I will be travelling one way with JAL in F on a redemption fare from LHR to HND in very late Sept. I was wondering if there is any chance that there would be a complimentary limousine service from airport to my Tokyo hotel as part of the F service. Or anything else worth experiencing on landing into Tokyo?

Thanks in advance!

PK
Old May 26, 19, 9:23 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott GLD; Hilton GLD; Free Agent (former AA PLT/US GLD)
Originally Posted by pkpkpk View Post
Or anything else worth experiencing on landing into Tokyo?
You can experience the Limo Bus, the Monorail, the Keikyu/Asakusa line, or any of Tokyo other cheap and plentiful transportation options.
Admiral Ackbar and benjahman like this.
Old May 27, 19, 12:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Beltway2A View Post
You can experience the Limo Bus, the Monorail, the Keikyu/Asakusa line, or any of Tokyo other cheap and plentiful transportation options.
Thanks. I know there are plentiful options into Tokyo as have been several times - I just wondered about complimentary options that might come with JAL F.
Old May 27, 19, 4:11 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by pkpkpk View Post

Thanks. I know there are plentiful options into Tokyo as have been several times - I just wondered about complimentary options that might come with JAL F.
none.
(Actually, there is the arrival lounge and the arrival showers, but nothing else).
check out the JAL website
https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/service/first/
Old May 27, 19, 6:30 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: Free Agent
After looking on that link, there does seem to be a limo promotion with JAL currently. Conditions apply and looks like full fare F or J from what I can see, awards seem excluded. Trip has to originate in Japan as well. But I thought it would be interesting to share.

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/campaign/okaeri/
Old May 27, 19, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Originally Posted by Tokyoite View Post

none.
(Actually, there is the arrival lounge and the arrival showers, but nothing else).
check out the JAL website
https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/service/first/
There is arrivals lounge any longer, though you can get free access to the TIAT shower rooms.

Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar View Post
After looking on that link, there does seem to be a limo promotion with JAL currently. Conditions apply and looks like full fare F or J from what I can see, awards seem excluded. Trip has to originate in Japan as well. But I thought it would be interesting to share.

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/campaign/okaeri/
Yes, this campaign has been running multiple times, but with the prices of the applicable tickets it is probably very few people actually booking something that is applicable. Even when I get a fully flexible ticket in business class on company dime, this does not go in to booking class J. My best guess is applicable business class tickets are well past 1,000,000 yen in price tag. I'll see if I have time to play around and find the prices for applicable tickets....
Admiral Ackbar likes this.
Old May 28, 19, 5:49 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
The Okaeri service I deemed not worth mentioning, because the only people who meet ALL conditions are Japanese Lawmakers/Shacho&CxO/Local Celebs who shockingly still don't have (or can't get their own) private limo/car in time to pick them up from the airport. The fares are indeed exorbitant, and the Japan JMB membership rule pretty much excluded this option from the OP's question.

Customers have to satisfy all the following conditions.
JAL Mileage Bank Japan members (not EU/US/APAC JMB members!)
Customers using the following fares and routes/flights both ways (Flex F/J and upgrades to F using JMB miles. (booking class/Z))
Customers who have purchased round-trip tickets originating from Japan.
Complete reservations and ticketing in Japan Region (not EU/US/APAC websites!)
Old May 28, 19, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
A flex J ticket to London is 1.3 million yen, or 11.5K USD when booked on the web. I was playing around with our corporate agreement tickets as well, there was no way I could get the system to book me a flex J and get the corporate discount prices. There is a semi flex J as well that comes in at around 900K yen, but as I understand the rules, that would not be applicable for this campaign.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: