Through check bags NRT-SIN-KUL

Old May 21, 19, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, AA Exec Plat
Through check bags NRT-SIN-KUL

I am flying NRT-SIN-KUL shortly, with JL, booked as AA J award if that makes a difference.
I would like to know if JAL with allow bags to be checked all the way to KUL - I have a long stop in SIN arrive 0005 and depart evening at 2100. Its one ticket so I am thinking they will, but maybe there is some rule I am missing!
Would be useful to know as effects what I do with my stop in Singapore!
Old May 21, 19, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Originally Posted by justin1123 View Post
I am flying NRT-SIN-KUL shortly, with JL, booked as AA J award if that makes a difference.
I would like to know if JAL with allow bags to be checked all the way to KUL - I have a long stop in SIN arrive 0005 and depart evening at 2100. Its one ticket so I am thinking they will, but maybe there is some rule I am missing!
Would be useful to know as effects what I do with my stop in Singapore!
As long as it is one ticket and less than 24 hours bags will go to KUL no problem..

If two tickets and less than 24 hours, it will depend a bit on the carrier. MH will be no issue, SQ probably not either.
Old May 21, 19, 9:58 pm

Programs: Enrich
It should be possible. But nowadays I will go to carousel to check if they "throw" my bag out, since I had this experience on in KIX, which fortunately I did wait to check before I proceed to airport hotel for a rest
Old May 21, 19, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Originally Posted by dici View Post
It should be possible. But nowadays I will go to carousel to check if they "throw" my bag out, since I had this experience on in KIX, which fortunately I did wait to check before I proceed to airport hotel for a rest
Connecting to a domestic flight or international?
Old May 21, 19, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, AA Exec Plat
Thanks.
It is JL to MH connection, same ticket. Seems then it should be possible!
Old May 22, 19, 1:15 am

Programs: Enrich
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
Connecting to a domestic flight or international?
It was international flight. The route wase LAX-KIX-KUL-SIN. Landed at KIX around 6-7pm and depart to KUL and SIN at 9-10am next day in one ticket. My luggage was tagged all way to SIN, but in the end they still pull it out and put onto the carousel at KIX.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: