Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to use the JAL coupons

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2018, 3:50 am
Original Poster

How to use the JAL coupons

As a JGD member, I received JPY50K coupon in March. On the website it says those coupons can be used towards int'l or domestic ticket purchase.

Just called JAL in Australia (the call was answered in HKG), I was advised that's not an option to use the coupon to pay for the ticket.
And then called JAL in UK, the agent said it is possible, however I have to post the coupons to their office to be processed.

How come different agent has the different way to interpret the policy? And why JAL treat customers in Japan and overseas so differently. I would think e-points for Diamond members in Japan is much better than the coupons issued to overseas members. Printing and mailing also cost money.........

Anyway, any idea how to use those paper coupons?
Old Jun 17, 2018, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
You will need to mail in the coupons to the JAL office. Or if JAL has a ticket office in Sydney and you can synchronise it with being at the airport while it is open, you can do it in person there.

This means that the ticket will be manually issued and you will have to pay the 5400 yen (or local equivalent) ticketing fee.

​​​​​​
Old May 5, 2019, 3:32 am

Hello,
Does the manual processing fee apply for tickets issued from the JAL Plaza in Yurakucho? I have 10,000 coupon to use - however if there is a 5400 JPY processing fee it almost doesn't make it worthwhile to use the coupon. If it does apply, any suggestions of how to maximise the use of the coupon and avoid heavy processing fees.
Thank you
Old May 5, 2019, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Voda_boy
Hello,
Does the manual processing fee apply for tickets issued from the JAL Plaza in Yurakucho? I have 10,000 coupon to use - however if there is a 5400 JPY processing fee it almost doesn't make it worthwhile to use the coupon. If it does apply, any suggestions of how to maximise the use of the coupon and avoid heavy processing fees.
Thank you
Yes, the ticketing fee applies equally in the JAL Plaza. Basically using them for shopping in Narita/Haneda or inflight are the only fee free options I can think of.
Tokyoite likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 4:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Agree.
Old May 9, 2019, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Yes, the ticketing fee applies equally in the JAL Plaza. Basically using them for shopping in Narita/Haneda or inflight are the only fee free options I can think of.
For future reference, the good news is that the ticketing fee does not apply for domestic flights (only international flights). It feels a little unnecessary to apply it to International flights however at least it is possible to use the coupon without a fee for domestic flights (as I confirmed today at the JAL Plaza).
Old May 10, 2019, 7:05 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
You can also use them to pay for stays at Nikko Hotels. No fee for that. I've done that several times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.