Wiki Posts
Search

JGC Sapphire In 3 Days? Possible??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2019, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
If crediting to JMB, thus having you OWS in the booking:

You will get the same seating benefits as an AA OWS (Platinum and Platinum Pro)

You get lounge access on domestic only (you could probably also swing that by showing your card will crediting to AA)

You don't get any upgrade benefits.

Thank you! I’ll most likely go for JGC next year.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 9:02 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
i credit my domestic AA flights to AA and upgrade to F (as exec plat) and entered flagship lounge using JGC. never denied entry.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 11:34 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

How much turnaround time would you allow in OKA if doing a same-day trip?
Old Nov 30, 2022, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by izzik
You can return with the same aircraft. You'd need to go and talk to the transfer counter as it will be a bit of a rush to go out and go back in again.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 7:28 pm

You can return with the same aircraft. You'd need to go and talk to the transfer counter as it will be a bit of a rush to go out and go back in again.
So, 1.5-2hrs would be comfortable and not a rush? Looking at a daytrip to OKA in J... hoping to escape the Tokyo Marathon that day.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
So, 1.5-2hrs would be comfortable and not a rush? Looking at a daytrip to OKA in J... hoping to escape the Tokyo Marathon that day.
Yeah, fine and easy connection. But it will not give you time for much other than the airport. The central parts of Naha is 15 minutes away by the monorail, and while close before you are back and forth, and through security most of that time is gone.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 4:13 am

Programs: Salaryman One World Sapphire
Will you be travelling with any check in baggage?
If so, it better you check in at the special baggage/handling section and tell the person about your turnaround flight (some diagram showing your routing would be helpful) and you would like the baggage to be picked up in HND.
Usually they will attach a baggage tag with handwritten note something with something like (from HND) then OKA>HND so that ground handling folks know what to do.
At least this save you the trouble of pickup the baggage in OKA and re-check in again there.

If you flying only hand luggage then disregard the above advice.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by minizian
Will you be travelling with any check in baggage?
If so, it better you check in at the special baggage/handling section and tell the person about your turnaround flight (some diagram showing your routing would be helpful) and you would like the baggage to be picked up in HND.
Usually they will attach a baggage tag with handwritten note something with something like (from HND) then OKA>HND so that ground handling folks know what to do.
At least this save you the trouble of pickup the baggage in OKA and re-check in again there.

If you flying only hand luggage then disregard the above advice.
Definitely no checked baggage.
Would be fine with a meal at the airport restaurant.
My goal is to be back in Tokyo by mid-afternoon; presumably the marathon will be mostly over.
minizian likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 3:18 pm

Programs: JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Amtrak Select Plus,Hotels.com Gold
The only thing I would flag is that Okinawa can be pretty bad for delays, in my experience. I did a day trip last Saturday to Naha and we were over an hour late getting there and then about 45 minutes late departing.

But can vouch that I have flown out and back on the same plane. Had that in Akita once where (again) due to a delay the plane was over a half hour late leaving which meant I literally had enough time to get out, go back into the security lane and then immediately board and watch as the cabin crew were trying to figure out why I just got back onto the plane after getting off 25 minutes earlier :P
Old Dec 3, 2022, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NYCBunny
The only thing I would flag is that Okinawa can be pretty bad for delays, in my experience. I did a day trip last Saturday to Naha and we were over an hour late getting there and then about 45 minutes late departing.

But can vouch that I have flown out and back on the same plane. Had that in Akita once where (again) due to a delay the plane was over a half hour late leaving which meant I literally had enough time to get out, go back into the security lane and then immediately board and watch as the cabin crew were trying to figure out why I just got back onto the plane after getting off 25 minutes earlier :P
No need to exit and re-enter in such cases. Just talk to the staff at the gate, then can manage it, and let you in to the departure gate directly.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 8:47 am

Programs: JMB Sapphire, OneWorld Sapphire
Hi! I found "reasons" to go back to Japan this year and looking to do a last minute status/mileage run. Planning to hit JGC Sapphire from scratch. I am looking to do:
2 x RT J MNL-OKA (31400 + 9472 FOP)
2 x RT Y HND-OKA (9472 FOP)

This should reach me 50k FOP points right or did I miscalculate it?

As for cost-efficiency, the whole run will cost roughly:
2 x $1553 (MNL-OKA J)
2 x $250 (HND-OKA Y)
Is this the most cost efficient route?

Last edited by abielp; Nov 22, 2023 at 9:17 am
Old Nov 22, 2023, 11:12 am

Programs: Delta Gold 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by abielp
Hi! I found "reasons" to go back to Japan this year and looking to do a last minute status/mileage run. Planning to hit JGC Sapphire from scratch. I am looking to do:

2 x $1553 (MNL-OKA J)
2 x $250 (HND-OKA Y)
Double FOP does NOT apply to any domestic segments of an international itinerary
abielp likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2 x $1553 (MNL-OKA J)
2 x $250 (HND-OKA Y)
Your Okinawa earning is assuming 100%, which I doubt you'll get for 250 USD return. More like 250 USD per leg. Check your earnings carefully.
Same for MNL, check that the price you are looking at does not book to X for only 70% earning. I am not familiar with the ex MNL pricing, but it is a risk at those prices that you will be in X.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 3:46 pm

Programs: JMB Sapphire, OneWorld Sapphire
Your Okinawa earning is assuming 100%, which I doubt you'll get for 250 USD return. More like 250 USD per leg. Check your earnings carefully.
Same for MNL, check that the price you are looking at does not book to X for only 70% earning. I am not familiar with the ex MNL pricing, but it is a risk at those prices that you will be in X.
All international segments are I booking so im getting 125% earning. For domestic segment that is included in my international ticket, do I also get 125% for that?
​​​​
​​​
Old Nov 22, 2023, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All international segments are I booking so im getting 125% earning. For domestic segment that is included in my international ticket, do I also get 125% for that?
​​​​
​​​
My understanding is that domestic flights combined on an international ticket, earns at the same rate as the international flights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.