Cutback: Soup removed from JAL F lounge

Old May 8, 19, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP 75K; UA Plat MM; Hyatt Globalist; Starwood, Marriott, Hilton Gold.
Cutback: Soup removed from JAL F lounge

Very sad day when JAL bows to culinary imperialists.

https://loyaltylobby.com/2019/05/08/...m-its-lounges/
Old May 8, 19, 7:43 pm

Programs: MP, BR
It's F lounge but I really don't think they would put real shark fins in there simply because of the cost. Plenty of imitation shark fin available in Asia. Perhaps they should've been more clear on the labels to alleviate people's concerns.
kaka likes this.
Old May 8, 19, 10:46 pm
HAF

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AAPlatinum, UA Exec. Premier, Hilton, Marriott, Delta, Southwest.....
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K View Post

https://loyaltylobby.com/2019/05/08/...m-its-lounges/
"bows to culinary imperialists"? It was the ethical thing to do - and if you think otherwise you are a total moron!

--HAF
Old May 9, 19, 12:48 am

Programs: JGC premier
I was shocked to see the sharkfin soup when I visited the other day too, and for once I am glad for the cutback. Iím sure theyíll replace it with something nice. I donít have any problem with the lobster bisque from Soup Stock they usually serve..
Old May 9, 19, 2:40 am

Anyone seriously defending the serving of shark fin soup for real? I hope OP here was being heavily sarcastic..
Old May 9, 19, 5:55 am

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Skipping the often very dubious origin of the shark fins, the product itself was literally terrible. So a big thumbs up for getting something different Let's hope the lobster bisque can make a reappearance.

I do doubt however that this soup was the real stuff, really seemed like cheap imitation stuff. But judging from JAL's reaction it may have been.
Old May 9, 19, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA AS DL JL KE UR AGR
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K View Post
Have you informed JL that you now refuse to fly them and that you'll be picketing outside the airport until the soup is back? Seems like a silly hill for a last stand, but if that's what floats your embargoed boat you might as well go all-in on the crazy.
Old May 9, 19, 7:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
why donít you complainers just not fly jal all together, but to throw up a fuss on culture appropriation? along with trophy hunting going strong in the 2 largest english speaking countries, this says hypocrisy all over.

for the ignorant bunch, there are farmed fish for fin- the meat generally makes bad fish balls/fish cake too. like genuine leather, beef, and meatballs.
JALOO5-Flyer likes this.
Old May 9, 19, 9:15 pm

Programs: Marco Polo, BA Executive club, SPG, Hyatt,
Banning Finning (the practice of just taking the fins and left the shark own its own) is different from Banning shark's fin.

Yet I don't think as a lounge, they can do Shark's fin right, so might as well just put something else where they can be good at serving.
Old May 10, 19, 4:01 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by HKUSFLYER View Post
Banning Finning (the practice of just taking the fins and left the shark own its own) is different from Banning shark's fin.

Yet I don't think as a lounge, they can do Shark's fin right, so might as well just put something else where they can be good at serving.
i have a feeling a bunch of hypocritical bashers called out JL for serving fish fins that would be trashed anyways that they called it shark fin.

Like, spotted dick isnt exactly a dick.