Domestic class J booking classes

Old May 7, 19, 12:02 am
Original Poster

Domestic class J booking classes

hi there..

anyone knows the booking for class J tickets?
would there be any difference in the booking class for sakitoku and those bought last minute?

i am unable to get any booking class info.. even til the end of booking, system still keeps the booking class a secret..

thanks for any help in advance!
Old May 7, 19, 6:09 am

Programs: AA PtPro (1 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
My personal experience is that last minute, airport upgrade at the day of the flight booked into J, or least that was indicated on AAdvantage account and mileage credited according to booking class J. I do not think I ever had an exception to that.

When buying Class J in advance, I think I was booked I or J depending on economy base fare purchased. My guess is that discount fare like Sakitoku will be booked in I. But again, as you said, I do not know the booking class used to credit mileage till I see mileage credit in my AAdvantage account.

I found it little interesting that when I do the day of the flight upgrade when I had dirt cheap ticket like Yokoso Tohoku fare which is 5000 yen per segment, but I get mileage credit for J. When I purchase Class J in advance using a fare such as Sakitoku, which is more expensive than Yokoso Tohoku, but get less mileage being credited as I.
Old May 7, 19, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

I called the jal contact centre for my booking code, and i was surprised when the guy told me the booking class for my ticket is L. Not sure if its the advance sakitoku fares that brought down the booking class..
Old May 7, 19, 6:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP Au, UA Ag, Marriott Ti, IHG Au, HH Ag, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred, *$ Au
I believe this is how the fare maps, but be warned that I'm using a partner to extract fare classes:

F (first), J (class J), Y (economy): Normal Fare, Child Fare, Round-Trip Fare, Discount for the Disabled, Care Giver's Saver, JAL Business KIPPU, e Business 6, Special Transit Fare, Remote Island Fare.

E (first), I (class J), A (economy): Tokubin 1, Tokubin 3, Tokubin 7, Tokubin 21, Sakitoku Type A, Sakitoku Type B, Super Sakitoku, Ultra Sakitoku, Senior Citizen Stand-By Fare, JMB Companion Fare *1, Sky Mate Stand-By Fare, Shareholder's Saver Fare, Transit Fare 7, Transit Fare 28, RAC Round-Trip Fare, etc.

Search this Thread