Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Check in / lounge access for early morning flight to ITM -> HND -> HKG

Check in / lounge access for early morning flight to ITM -> HND -> HKG

Old May 1, 19, 10:27 am
mhy
Original Poster

Programs: JL / OW Sapphire, Hilton Gold
Check in / lounge access for early morning flight: ITM -> HND -> HKG

I am booked on JL102 ITM-HND and JL29 HND-HKG.

JL102 leaves ITM 7:05am -> arrives HND 8:15am. JL29 leaves HND 10:00am.
Booked in Class J on the domestic and Business Class on the international leg. No checked bags.

Had a few questions I hope the good folks here can answer.

1) I would go to the International connections desk at ITM, correct? Does it get crowded in the morning? Would I get priority checkin / security due to J on the international leg?
2) Should I arrive at 6AM sharp for check-in to take advantage of lounge access? Is the ITM domestic Sakura lounge worth a visit? I am staying in the airport's hotel (within terminal) the night before, so getting there at 6am will be easy for me.
3) Do I have enough time in HND to enjoy Sakura Lounge? I guess I would already have the HND-HKG boarding pass but would still have to transfer terminals and go through immigration.

Last edited by mhy; May 1, 19 at 10:47 am
Old May 1, 19, 12:23 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
1) Yes you need to check in at the desk for international connections. Not sure about the priority part.
2) The domestic Sakura lounge is nothing special. Don't plan extra time for visiting
3) There should be time for a visit to the international lounge. A brief one though. The flight will start boarding 20 or 25 minutes before departure.
Old May 1, 19, 1:00 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
1) Yes you need to check in at the desk for international connections. Not sure about the priority part.
2) The domestic Sakura lounge is nothing special. Don't plan extra time for visiting
3) There should be time for a visit to the international lounge. A brief one though. The flight will start boarding 20 or 25 minutes before departure.
The morning rush at security check point will further reduce the lounge time
Old May 1, 19, 1:18 pm
mhy
Original Poster

Programs: JL / OW Sapphire, Hilton Gold
Thank you. Unfortunately HND does not seem to have express security unless in F or top tier elite (even business class can't use them!), so we will rush off the plane and try to get through as soon as possible. Arrive at 8:15 -> off the plane and to International Terminal by 8:40 -> get through security and in the lounge by 9:00 -> board at 9:40-45 I guess. If everything lines up perfectly.

Something tells me I should have stayed overnight at Haneda instead of Itami...oh well

Last edited by mhy; May 1, 19 at 1:54 pm
Old May 1, 19, 2:23 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mhy View Post
Thank you. Unfortunately HND does not seem to have express security unless in F or top tier elite (even business class can't use them!), so we will rush off the plane and try to get through as soon as possible. Arrive at 8:15 -> off the plane and to International Terminal by 8:40 -> get through security and in the lounge by 9:00 -> board at 9:40-45 I guess. If everything lines up perfectly.

Something tells me I should have stayed overnight at Haneda instead of Itami...oh well
it could be quite a walk if your gate is far away. Make sure you pick the one closer to gate.

Search this Thread