Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Lounge access at HND for an OWE on a codeshare

Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, SQ Gold, DL Plat, Bonvoy Plat

I am going to be flying to Seoul on a JL flight number (operated by KE) from HND. I am a OneWorld Emerald. Would I still be able to access the JL F lounge and bring in one guest (who's on same PNR as I).

thanks!

KB
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Yes, you get access to the JL lounge with a guest

Check in will be at the KE counter.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Yes, you get access to the JL lounge with a guest
Are you sure? This page states that JL status pax have access to the JL lounge when flying JL codeshare on KE, but it doesn't say anything about OWE in general, and I think that the general rule is that both the marketing and the operating airlines need to be part of Oneworld. The OP's profile indicates that the OP has status with AA.
Old May 1, 2019, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Technically, the page does say Diamond, JGC, etc.,but I have yet to encounter an area where JAL does not extend the same to OWE as they do to Diamond/JGC.
Old May 7, 2019, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, SQ Gold, DL Plat, Bonvoy Plat
thanks for the info!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.