Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL Mileage Bank Problems Not Receiving My Marriott Rewards Points

Old Apr 23, 19, 11:25 am
Original Poster

It's been two weeks and no miles have appeared. Of course, the flights I wanted have disappeared. So now I'm out of the Marriot points and no JAL miles either.

PSA: DO NOT TRANSFER MARRIOTT POINTS TO JAL. WAITING TIME IS > 2 WEEKS AND NOT THE 2 DAYS OR 7 DAYS NOTED ELSEWHERE.
Old Apr 23, 19, 11:44 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, AA, United, Delta, Alaska
Originally Posted by wyogold View Post
It's been two weeks and no miles have appeared. Of course, the flights I wanted have disappeared. So now I'm out of the Marriot points and no JAL miles either.

PSA: DO NOT TRANSFER MARRIOTT POINTS TO JAL. WAITING TIME IS > 2 WEEKS AND NOT THE 2 DAYS OR 7 DAYS NOTED ELSEWHERE.
Ouch, that really sucks. Honestly Iím not surprised though; Marriott has been a big mess since the merger. I personally have been refraining from any Marriott points transfers until I see solid proof that everything is sorted out. At this rate it might be a few years...
Old Apr 24, 19, 6:06 pm

Programs: JGC Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by frisbfreek View Post

Ouch, that really sucks. Honestly Iím not surprised though; Marriott has been a big mess since the merger. I personally have been refraining from any Marriott points transfers until I see solid proof that everything is sorted out. At this rate it might be a few years...
I did this beginning of April, points got credited within a week.
Old Apr 28, 19, 3:51 am

Programs: JGC premier
Actually my recent transfer has been crazily quick, just 2 days. So I guess it depends on your luck. Always better to be safe and transfer early.
Old Apr 28, 19, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bakaneko85 View Post
Actually my recent transfer has been crazily quick, just 2 days. So I guess it depends on your luck. Always better to be safe and transfer early.
Still nothing here ... How many miles did you transfer? Online or over the phone?

If transfers are YMMV, that's not a good thing
Old Apr 29, 19, 5:54 am

Programs: JGC premier
50k miles.. online.
Old Apr 29, 19, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bakaneko85 View Post
50k miles.. online.
I did 240k Marriott points - not sure if that's the bottleneck??
Old Apr 29, 19, 5:47 pm

Programs: SQ QPPS, QR Burgundy, AF Ivory
Hi Wyogold, transfers have been iffy since the IT integration between SPG and Marriott, but anecdotally they seem to have gotten better recently. There are still some reports of missing miles, so you are not alone. I have been caught out earlier this year too, but it was resolved after about two months. It was a painful process with Marriott/Bonvoy refusing to investigate until the six weeks in the T&Cs are over.

More information at this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...fer-times.html

It appears that any airline or any number of transferred miles may be affected, i.e. factors are random. You've just been unlucky. All the best in resolving this.

Search this Thread