Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Can a baby ride in first class with flight parents booked using miles?

Old Apr 21, 2019, 11:05 pm
Original Poster

I will have enough miles to book 2 first class tickets lax to nrt using ba avious. Will be going with wife and 1 year old. Does jal let u book baby as lap infant?
Old Apr 21, 2019, 11:16 pm

Programs: JL JGC Diamond, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Gold, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by webazoid
I will have enough miles to book 2 first class tickets lax to nrt using ba avious. Will be going with wife and 1 year old. Does jal let u book baby as lap infant?
Yes, I don't see any issue as long as you pay 10% of the F full fare plus surcharges and taxes.

Have done this but only in J/C but better ask BA if they allow infants in F with parents redeeming miles.
Although, I have to call JL separately when AA miles were used to book the flight just to make sure that the process is seamless between AA to JL
Old Apr 22, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/support/child/
10% of the F full fare plus surcharges and taxes. A few thousand dollars. (E.g. LAX-NRT is 11,900 USD, including 120 USD in taxes, so the infant fare for a 1 year old would be around 1200 USD including taxes)
https://flights.app.goo.gl/aLPUv

I suggest you downgrade yourselves to business class if travelling with an infant (if you want to avoid adding a 1,000 USD cost just for the baby cot in (the same baby cot in First, biz and even Y).
Old Apr 22, 2019, 9:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by webazoid
Having enough miles/avios doesn't mean that there's award availability on the flights you want.
roberto99 likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
10% used to get the infant their own seat on JAL.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 12:29 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/support/child/

Infant Fare
Infant may travel on an Infant Fare equal to 10% of the Adult Fare. The discount may vary for some fares.
Seats may not be occupied.
The Child Fare (see below) applies to infants who occupy a seat.
Some fares may not have corresponding Infant Fares.

Notes
If an adult accompanies two infants, the Child Fare will apply to one of the infants.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Infant : Age 0 to 1 (fare is 10%, and does not get separate seat)
Child : Age 2 to 11 (fare is 75%, and does get separate seat)

FYI, One adult can accompany maximum of two infants. (e.g. twins)
Infant 1: Infant fare with no seat.
Infant 2: Child fare and occupy a seat.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.