No customs and immigration forms?

Old Feb 21, 19, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
No customs and immigration forms?

Flew HKG to HND yesterday. No customs or immigration forms were handed out (I was in Economy, but I'm also Emerald). It caused me quite a delay at the airport. Is this normal for Japan Airlines? (Cathay always hands them out, and if they don't have any, which is rare, they at least apologise and hand them out at the gate as you arrive).
Old Feb 21, 19, 7:03 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Not normal. Likely an oversight by the CA responsible for handing them out. If you frequent Japan (or any other country that requires landing forms), just stock up a few spares in your travel wallet for situations like these (e.g. if you remember you havenít received one at the time of final descent or taxiing to the gate, you can quickly fill out the form from your spares before the seatbelt sign is off!!)
fairhsa likes this.
Old Feb 21, 19, 7:25 am

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
They often have them at check in, so you can get them there and fill them in while waiting at the lounge

I have never been on a JAL flight where they did not have them. It is a.bit random when they hand them out, sometimes pre departure, sometimes quite late in the flight. And a few options in between that. And normally they will leave one at your seat if you are away when they hand them out.

Another time, just ask for them when you are ready to fill them in, they be happy to bring them anytime
fairhsa likes this.
Old Feb 21, 19, 9:29 am

Programs: JMB
Never seen them not being handed out.
Although on a handful of flights I've had to show my foreign passport to the cabin crew so they would give me one as they seem to assume I have Japanese citizenship and tell me I don't need the immigration form to enter Japan...
fairhsa and Tokyoite like this.
Old Feb 21, 19, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
Originally Posted by Tokyoite View Post
Not normal. Likely an oversight by the CA responsible for handing them out. If you frequent Japan (or any other country that requires landing forms), just stock up a few spares in your travel wallet for situations like these (e.g. if you remember you havenít received one at the time of final descent or taxiing to the gate, you can quickly fill out the form from your spares before the seatbelt sign is off!!)
Yes - that's what I do for Manila which I frequent often. I don't come to Tokyo that much so I did not realise what was required. It was a right pain in the neck.
Old Feb 21, 19, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jinxed_K View Post
Never seen them not being handed out.
Although on a handful of flights I've had to show my foreign passport to the cabin crew so they would give me one as they seem to assume I have Japanese citizenship and tell me I don't need the immigration form to enter Japan...
Ha ha. Pretty sure that was not m problem. I don't look at all Japanese!
Old Feb 21, 19, 9:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
So, stock up on spares if you can. Lastly, enjoy Japan!
Old Feb 22, 19, 12:39 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List, CX Diamond
Or, print a form on A4 size paper at your home.

Form:
http://www.customs.go.jp/kaisei/yous..._C/C5360-B.pdf

Description:
Passenger : Japan Customs
Old Feb 22, 19, 12:55 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
never had that happened.
i always ask for one upon boarding however.

Search this Thread