Wiki Posts
Search

Check-In at Haneda

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2019, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United, AA, KrisFlyer
Check-In at Haneda

I am going to be traveling from Haneda to Singapore on JL35 in mid-July. JL35 leaves at 12:05AM. I won't have a hotel to store my luggage in that day, so I am wondering if it's possible to go to Haneda, check my luggage in at, say, 10AM, then leave the airport and return in time for the flight. I'll have a JR pass, so I can get to and from the airport at no cost, other than my time (which I will have a lot of).
Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

From here,

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/airport/hnd/info/

It looks like it will be possible to check in at 10am

Do you have any one world status or flying in Business as you would have lounge access upon your return to HND

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:21 pm

Programs: JAL Global Club, ANA Super Flyers
Unlike at overseas stations where check-in begins only 3 hours prior to departure, at Haneda the check-in counters open at 6:00, so yeah, you should be able to. See Scot's post above.

Alternatively, it may be easier for you to just store your luggage in a luggage locker at one of the stations downtown or near your hotel. It'll save you the time of having to trek out to Haneda and back in the morning. Tokyo for example, in the basement level (B4) close to the Narita Express / Yokosuka Line platforms, has a couple thousand lockers that aren't as trafficked as the main ones on the main level. It'll cost just a couple hundred yen to stash your luggage in one of those for the day, and you'll probably end up transiting through either Tokyo or one of the other main stations on your way back to Haneda in the evening, which shouldn't put it out of your way.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Itnis indeed possible to check in early in the day for the late night flights. You will not have a problem with that.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:31 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 2MM, AA ExPlt
There are storage lockers at every train station in town... I would just leave my bags in one and avoid the RT to HND......
Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United, AA, KrisFlyer
Thanks all. We’ll consider the lockers.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

At one station (Shimbashi IIRC) all the lockers were occupied when I wakled past ( just after New Year) others may be able to advise if you would have a problem in July.

Regards

TBS
kaka likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 5:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
where is your hotel, if you don’t want to go to the airport, there is a slight inethical way of storing luggage, or a small investment To make it ethical.

catch lunch at one of the hotels near Ginza or Shimbashi. there are some good lunch deals around that would only set you back in the orders of 20-40usd
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:13 am

Another option to consider is using a luggage delivery service from your hotel to the airport (e.g Kuroneko Yamato). I think for airport deliveries you need the luggage collected 2 days prior to your flight departing (i.e. on 4th, if your departure is on the 6th) so depending on how many bags you have, and how much stuff you need the day prior, it may or may not work. In some circumstances it can be very convenient. Most (all?) hotels and many convenience stores can arrange for this for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.