SIN-HND-ITM (How much connecting time required ?)

Old Feb 16, 19, 9:48 am
Original Poster

SIN-HND-ITM (How much connecting time required ?)

Hi guys,

I am currently booked from SIN-HND (Biz) on JL38 scheduled to arrive 9:50AM.

My ultimate destination is Osaka and will be booking it as a separate ticket (using Avios), what is the minimum connecting time required for Singapore to check through my baggages to ITM? Also any pointers as to which terminal I will be arriving, the transit from International to Domestic?

There are 3 flights scheduled to ITM soon after I land (1030AM, 1130AM, 1230PM) - Will I be able to make it for 1130AM?

Thanks for any expert opinion in advance!
Old Feb 16, 19, 9:55 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
there's no check through. you need to collect and recheck baggages.

MTC for JL int'l to JL domestic transfer at HND is 70 min
Old Feb 16, 19, 2:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP Au, UA Ag, Marriott Ti, IHG Au, HH Ag, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred, *$ Au
Originally Posted by talfred View Post
Hi guys,

I am currently booked from SIN-HND (Biz) on JL38 scheduled to arrive 9:50AM.

My ultimate destination is Osaka and will be booking it as a separate ticket (using Avios), what is the minimum connecting time required for Singapore to check through my baggages to ITM? Also any pointers as to which terminal I will be arriving, the transit from International to Domestic?

There are 3 flights scheduled to ITM soon after I land (1030AM, 1130AM, 1230PM) - Will I be able to make it for 1130AM?

Thanks for any expert opinion in advance!
Arrival flow:

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/airpo...ansit/#block02

Note that rechecking your luggage at the transfer counter must be done 45 minutes prior to departure and the counter is closed from 11:30am to 12:45pm. You'll have to carry your luggage with you on the shuttle bus and recheck it at the Terminal 1 checkin counter in both of those cases.
Old Feb 16, 19, 6:48 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List, CX Diamond
BTW, usually, JL has same fare for SIN-HND and SIN-HND-ITM.
So, I am curious, why OP booked a separate HND-ITM ticket.
Old Feb 16, 19, 7:24 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by rustykettel View Post
Arrival flow:

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/airpo...ansit/#block02

Note that rechecking your luggage at the transfer counter must be done 45 minutes prior to departure and the counter is closed from 11:30am to 12:45pm. You'll have to carry your luggage with you on the shuttle bus and recheck it at the Terminal 1 checkin counter in both of those cases.
With a 9:50 arrival, it should be easily possible to reach the transfer counter before it closes at 11:30.

The 11:30 flight is 10:45 bag drop cut off, it is possible, but rather on the tights side
Old Feb 16, 19, 10:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
With a 9:50 arrival, it should be easily possible to reach the transfer counter before it closes at 11:30.

The 11:30 flight is 10:45 bag drop cut off, it is possible, but rather on the tights side
sounds like a plan. Worst case If i miss 1045 I can still lug the baggage to Terminal 1 and do a normal check in?
Old Feb 16, 19, 11:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP Au, UA Ag, Marriott Ti, IHG Au, HH Ag, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred, *$ Au
Originally Posted by talfred View Post
sounds like a plan. Worst case If i miss 1045 I can still lug the baggage to Terminal 1 and do a normal check in?
Yes!, baggage cutoff for domestic flights is 20 minutes prior (so 11:10am) at the regular domestic counters.
kaka likes this.
Old Feb 17, 19, 12:23 am

Programs: JL Premier | Marriott Platinum Elite | GE, TSA-Pre
Once you land in HND international terminal, pass through immigration, collect luggage, pass through baggage inspection, exit to landside and turn right and a short walk would bring to the domestic transfer counters to check-in, collect boarding pass, check-in luggage if needed etc...

After that just take the free shuttle bus to the domestic terminal 1. IIRC north wing is for northern part of Japan and south wing for southern part. So go to the south wing for ITM. After that you can use the convenient shuttle buses to get into the city and hotel. Most if not all buses accept IC Cards.
Old Feb 17, 19, 2:36 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List, CX Diamond
Originally Posted by lcpteck View Post
After that just take the free shuttle bus to the domestic terminal 1. IIRC north wing is for northern part of Japan and south wing for southern part. So go to the south wing for ITM. After that you can use the convenient shuttle buses to get into the city and hotel. Most if not all buses accept IC Cards.
Flights for Itami are assinged to North Wing.
kaka likes this.
Old Feb 17, 19, 10:06 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lcpteck View Post
Once you land in HND international terminal, pass through immigration, collect luggage, pass through baggage inspection, exit to landside and turn right and a short walk would bring to the domestic transfer counters to check-in, collect boarding pass, check-in luggage if needed etc...

WARNING: i made the same assumption once.

ITM belongs to the NORTH wing.
otherwise uíll have a 3 minute walk before they would check you in.
Old Feb 21, 19, 6:01 pm

Programs: JL Premier | Marriott Platinum Elite | GE, TSA-Pre
Thanks for the correct guys, never could remember.
Old Feb 25, 19, 9:49 pm

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold, Qatar Privilege Club Gold
Why did OP booked HND-ITM with AVios, JAL has same fare SIN-HND-ITM, or OP can book the JAL explorer pass. Unless OP has some expiring Avios to Burn.

Just guessing....
Old Feb 26, 19, 2:09 am
Suspended

Maybe Op used asiamiles and adding hnditm is a bad deal
Old Feb 26, 19, 2:13 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kaka View Post
Maybe Op used asiamiles and adding hnditm is a bad deal
AM is a bad idea period
SilverChris likes this.
Old Feb 27, 19, 11:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
<div style="text-align:left;"><br />AM is a bad idea period </div>
<br /><br />off topic <br /><br />maybe OP's company is paying for the ticket and he's going to ITM for his own time.

Search this Thread