FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank-513/)
-   -   JAL starts codesharing with Aeromexico (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank/1955856-jal-starts-codesharing-aeromexico.html)

JALPak Feb 11, 2019 11:46 pm

JAL starts codesharing with Aeromexico

JAL Group - PRESS RELEASES - Aeroméxico and Japan Airlines Announce the Beginning of their Codeshare Agreement

Aeroméxico will start to work with its partner Japan Airlines on the operation and marketing of service to more than 20 cities in Japan through their new codeshare agreement.

As of February 13, 2019, Aeroméxico customers will have the option to choose to fly on the company’s direct daily flight between Mexico City and Narita Airport in Tokyo, continuing on to points beyond Tokyo with quick and easy flight connections on Japan Airlines` extensive route network throughout Asia.

CPH-Flyer Feb 12, 2019 3:43 am

The text does not mention JL code on AM flights, but the table does show NRT-MEX route as a codeshare option. Hoping that kicks in soon as well.

JALPak Feb 12, 2019 7:04 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 30768091)
The text does not mention JL code on AM flights, but the table does show NRT-MEX route as a codeshare option. Hoping that kicks in soon as well.

yea kind of weird the focus of the PR isn’t on JL placing JL codes on AM flights. The on mention is

Japan Airlines, on the other hand, will be able to offer customers access to increased connectivity to 30 destinations in Mexico.

CPH-Flyer Feb 12, 2019 8:00 am

Originally Posted by JALPak (Post 30768584)

yea kind of weird the focus of the PR isn’t on JL placing JL codes on AM flights. The on mention is

Japan Airlines, on the other hand, will be able to offer customers access to increased connectivity to 30 destinations in Mexico.

I overlooked that one little line. Looking forward to test this soon, and see if the JL codeshare pops up during the 13th....

CPH-Flyer Feb 12, 2019 11:25 pm

JL8200 NRT MEX and JL8201 MEX NRT are now available for booking.

Great to get non stop flights on the corporate contract with JAL.

JALPak Feb 12, 2019 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 30772125)
JL8200 NRT MEX and JL8201 MEX NRT are now available for booking.

Great to get non stop flights on the corporate contract with JAL.

you can’t fly on NH when there’s no direct?

CPH-Flyer Feb 13, 2019 12:22 am

Originally Posted by JALPak (Post 30772173)

you can’t fly on NH when there’s no direct?

I can, at full retail price vs. corporate deal pricing via DFW, so at a price disadvantage. A disadvantage bigger than the usual direct vs connecting flights

JALPak Feb 13, 2019 12:34 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 30772258)
I can, at full retail price vs. corporate deal pricing via DFW, so at a price disadvantage. A disadvantage bigger than the usual direct vs connecting flights

But you will have to fly on the ScaryTeam alliance :p

CPH-Flyer Feb 13, 2019 12:41 am

Originally Posted by JALPak (Post 30772286)
But you will have to fly on the ScaryTeam alliance :p

But on a JL code....

JALPak Feb 13, 2019 12:55 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 30772307)
But on a JL code....

I guess the FOPs and FLY ON bonuses make it less scary :p

a while back someone said JL was hiring sales in MEX, guess it’s just for this and not for launching the MEX route

CPH-Flyer Feb 13, 2019 4:00 am

Originally Posted by JALPak (Post 30772345)

I guess the FOPs and FLY ON bonuses make it less scary :p

It does....