Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question on Partner benefit...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2019, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Question on Partner benefit...

Does the nominee have to be a proven relation (as with KE/OZ)? Or, can it be anyone?

Thanks.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 11:45 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Visconti
Does the nominee have to be a proven relation (as with KE/OZ)? Or, can it be anyone?

Thanks.
the rules clearly state it already. It can’t be anyone.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Got it, thanks!
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by Visconti
Does the nominee have to be a proven relation (as with KE/OZ)? Or, can it be anyone? Thanks.
JAL wont request to verify every single time, but they reserve the right to do so (especially if you don't share last/family names!)
Old Feb 6, 2019, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
JAL wont request to verify every single time, but they reserve the right to do so (especially if you don't share last/family names!)
Thanks for the color.

I know very little about JAL's program, and from another thread, it was suggested Partner status was a benefit. Being too expedient to read/search (personal failing of mine), I just asked and didn't assume "Partner," in JAL's context, essentially, meant one's "spouse" or "domestic partner," and thought it may have meant "business partner" or, even, "flying partner."
Old Dec 12, 2023, 10:02 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Reviving old thread, sorry..
How soon does partner status selection take effect? I selected my spouse, whose last name is different from mine, but not sure if/when JMB will reach out to verify somehow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.