Wiki Posts
Search

New PJs in January 2019?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2019, 6:49 am
Original Poster

New PJs in January 2019?

Hi All,
I haven't seen it mentioned on FT or by any blogger, but I was checking out JAL's website and I noticed that it mentioned new "Relaxing wear". (We are flying JAL First in March, so yes, I'm excited to fly them again! haha)
Has anyone seen the new PJs?

From the website: https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/service/first/amenity/

Relaxing wear

JAL provides relaxing outfits to wear while in flight.

To be eco-friendly and considerate to your health, and also for a pleasant and comfortable flight, JAL was particular about the hand of the 100% organic cotton fabric. The red tag on the hem of the outer garment is the Tsurumaru JAL logo in a time-honored simple minimalist origami motif.
  • *The new outfits will be replaced with the current garments from January 2019.
  • *The organic cotton is certified under Global Organic Textile Standards (GOTS).

Last edited by DFW1972; Feb 1, 2019 at 7:10 am
Old Feb 1, 2019, 4:29 pm

Exciting, can't wait to fly them again from NRT-JFL in early March. Got PJ's from my last flight in March 2018 and those shrunk so much after washing them so hopefully that won't be the case with these new ones.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 4:49 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by FTNNBP
Exciting, can't wait to fly them again from NRT-JFL in early March. Got PJ's from my last flight in March 2018 and those shrunk so much after washing them so hopefully that won't be the case with these new ones.
you sure the PJ shrunk and not because you ate too much on your flight?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak

you sure the PJ shrunk and not because you ate too much on your flight?
lol
Old Feb 7, 2019, 9:38 am

I flew out on Jan 17th with the old PJs and returned on Feb 3rd with the new ones. Can report, a vast improvement IMO - feels higher quality and also less thick than before, so no temperature issues on the return. Felt cut tighter in the legs but looser in the top.
DFW1972 likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by kswissreject
I flew out on Jan 17th with the old PJs and returned on Feb 3rd with the new ones. Can report, a vast improvement IMO - feels higher quality and also less thick than before, so no temperature issues on the return. Felt cut tighter in the legs but looser in the top.
I did like the old ones, got the new ones, maybe...we had a language issue, me and the CC, I asked if it was the business ones, since I didnt recognize them, and got a yes. But had a red little label, greyish, its that the same? For some odd reason they handed me an M one, I tried the top almost on, didnt read the label, 190cm and M doesnt work. However, quality seemed more "flimsy"? The old ones was to thick for sleeping, but perfect for at home lounging
Old Feb 11, 2019, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Knodde
I did like the old ones, got the new ones, maybe...we had a language issue, me and the CC, I asked if it was the business ones, since I didnt recognize them, and got a yes. But had a red little label, greyish, its that the same? For some odd reason they handed me an M one, I tried the top almost on, didnt read the label, 190cm and M doesnt work. However, quality seemed more "flimsy"? The old ones was to thick for sleeping, but perfect for at home lounging
Since JAL does not have business class PJs it would not be possible for it to be that. It would make them the new F PJs

I might test them soon, though just bybthe pictures I like the old design better, the high zipped collar is better than the V cut neck.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:27 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Since JAL does not have business class PJs it would not be possible for it to be that. It would make them the new F PJs

I might test them soon, though just bybthe pictures I like the old design better, the high zipped collar is better than the V cut neck.
Thank you, did not know that, was some languge confusion, only been in JL bus SH. Will bring them home and try...but first test with M size..was like to overstuff a sausage, but I was not really happy with the material etc. Then again I get grumpy trying to get to small clothes on in a limited area...
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I suppose the logo on the chest is bit more than a sewn on tag, but I liked that aspect of the old PJs as well.

If I had my druthers, I'd pick the old style in a slightly thinner fabric.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Has any one taken photos of the real life ones? (I saw the one on the jl website but would prefer a non commercial photo and hopefully the pjs entirely unfolded)
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Has any one taken photos of the real life ones? (I saw the one on the jl website but would prefer a non commercial photo and hopefully the pjs entirely unfolded)
Flying JL9 tomorrow so I'll snap a picture if nobody posts one by then.
orbitmic and DFW1972 like this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Flying JL9 tomorrow so I'll snap a picture if nobody posts one by then.
thanks!! ^
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I really like the old style F PJ bottoms. Wearing a pair right now ^ The top... could do without. At least on the ground- nice and cozy. I don't need extra cozyness in the air
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:19 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by orbitmic
thanks!! ^
Sorry, when I posted that I thought it was Thursday. Anyway, the flight attendant probably thinks I'm a madman now, but here is mr. pajamas flying high in JAL F.
rustykettel, HawaiiO and orbitmic like this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 5:03 am

Programs: UA/AA
So are they good or not ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.