Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Advice kindly sought • Haneda domestic lounge access

Old Jan 26, 2019, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Firstly, many thanks for reading this -- I genuinely appreciate it.

Could anyone put me right on access to HND domestic lounges? I am flying JAL J from HND-CTS (Sapporo) next month. Would I have access to both Sakura domestic lounges (South and North Wings, Terminal 1)?

I have read the FT wiki on this lounge and it states that only Emerald OW passengers have access (Lounge Guide: HND / Tokyo Haneda Int'l. Airport oneworld Lounges):

But the JAL website (https://www.jal.co.jp/en/dom/service...nd/sakura.html) seems to contradict the above Wiki, stating that both Emerald and Sapphire OW members have access:

As I am Sapphire via my American Airlines Platinum Pro status, does this mean I can gain access to this lounge?

Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated!

All the best
Old Jan 26, 2019, 3:55 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Yes you will have access to the domestic Sakura Lounge based on your status
Old Jan 26, 2019, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Scoob72
Firstly, many thanks for reading this -- I genuinely appreciate it.

Could anyone put me right on access to HND domestic lounges? I am flying JAL J from HND-CTS (Sapporo) next month. Would I have access to both Sakura domestic lounges (South and North Wings, Terminal 1)?

I have read the FT wiki on this lounge and it states that only Emerald OW passengers have access (Lounge Guide: HND / Tokyo Haneda Int'l. Airport oneworld Lounges):

But the JAL website (https://www.jal.co.jp/en/dom/service...nd/sakura.html) seems to contradict the above Wiki, stating that both Emerald and Sapphire OW members have access:

As I am Sapphire via my American Airlines Platinum Pro status, does this mean I can gain access to this lounge?

Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated!

All the best
That's the wiki in the AA forum, I tried to take the worst mistakes and misleading info out of it. I see I missed that part. Will edit that as well.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:34 am
Original Poster

JALPak -- many thanks indeed for confirming. I greatly appreciate it!
Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
That's the wiki in the AA forum, I tried to take the worst mistakes and misleading info out of it. I see I missed that part. Will edit that as well.
CPH-Flyer - many thanks indeed.

Could I just ask a follow-up question? If my AA Platinum Pro (OW Sapphire) status is only verifiable via my AA phone app (where I can select "View My AAdvantage Card"; although that is itself temperamental; admittedly, I do have a screengrab of this), then, because I don't have a phyical card that shows my status, could I run into problems with the lounge dragon at Haneda? If yes, does it make sense for me to add my AAdvantage # to my JAL booking by calling JAL as a workaround?

All the best
Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
As long as the AA FFP number is readable, you will be ok (JAL checks the validity in their system)
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
As long as the AA FFP number is readable, you will be ok (JAL checks the validity in their system)
Tokyoite -- many thanks for this: that's very reassuring to know.

All the best
kaka likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 6:44 am

Programs: JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Amtrak Select Plus,Hotels.com Gold
As long as you put your FFP number in when you did the booking, you should be fine. I've never had JAL look at my card ever, they base everything on the bar code on the ticket (expect to scan yourself in at the Sakura lounge). Your OW status should show on the ticket. I do the opposite of you and fly AA for my US domestic flights, and it always has my Sapphire status on it along with the generic "Priority".

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.