Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL to launch daily NRT-BLR 788 service from Mar 29 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:43 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum

https://www.aviationwire.jp/archives/164951

日本航空(JAL/JL、9201)は、成田-ベンガルール(バンガロール)線を2020年3月29日に開設する方針を固めた 。JALのインド路線は成田-デリー線に続き2路線目となる。

機材はボーイング787-8型機で、1日1往復を予定。「インドのシリコンバレー」とも言われ、IT産業が集積する南部のベンガルー ル就航で、日印間のビジネス需要やアジアと北米を結ぶ需要を狙う。
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
That will be a convenient route to have. Looking forward to that.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
That will be a convenient route to have. Looking forward to that.
Silicon Valley of India but my company doesn’t have any IT office there

wonder how the yield will be given HKG-BLR is only operated by KA and not CX. Can it support a daily SS8 service or it will be with NEO?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JALPak

wonder how the yield will be given HKG-BLR is only operated by KA and not CX. Can it support a daily SS8 service or it will be with NEO?
Nevermind, it's SS8

JAL???=??????????????? | ??????? | JAL?????
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum

So with the small SS8 cabin and no PY.

I guess they have kind of high expectations for North American connecting traffic to carry the route. How are the KA flights timed for this? You probably get a better split of flight times by stopping in NRT rather than HKG.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:07 am
Original Poster

So with the small SS8 cabin and no PY.

I guess they have kind of high expectations for North American connecting traffic to carry the route. How are the KA flights timed for this? You probably get a better split of flight times by stopping in NRT rather than HKG.
ex-HKG 20:45/BLR arrival 00:30
ex-BLR 01:30/HKG arrival 09:25

JL flight has a similar schedule with very late BLR arrival and departure at 00:05 and 02:45. Is it even safe to travel to/from the airport at that time?

Last edited by JALPak; Jan 23, 2019 at 1:12 am
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

JL flight has a similar schedule with very late BLR arrival and departure at 00:05 and 02:45. Is it even safe to travel to/from the airport at that time?

Why wouldn't it be safe? Mumbai also has a heavy departure bank from midnight to 2am.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Why wouldn't it be safe? Mumbai also has a heavy departure bank from midnight to 2am.
I don't know...some Indian coworkers of mine once told us it's not safe for them to stay late at work...don't remember if it's Chennai or Pune. Could just be our offices are in sketchy neighborhoods Either way a 0245 departure isn't ideal considered transit passengers will have another 8+ hours after a 3 hour layover at NRT. They will be tired

Last edited by JALPak; Jan 23, 2019 at 3:28 am
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't know...some Indian coworkers of mine once told us it's not safe for them to stay late at work...don't remember if it's Chennai or Pune. Could just be our offices are in sketchy neighborhoods Either way a 0245 departure isn't ideal considered transit passengers will have another 8+ hours after a 3 hour layover at NRT. They will be tired
I probably would not take a rickshaw at 1am to get to the airport, or a public bus, or walk. But I have been moving around Mumbai and Pune pretty late at night without any issues.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:09 am
Original Poster

https://www.ana.co.jp/group/en/pr/201901/20190123.html

The dark side is launching NRT-MAA in Winter 2019...this couldn't be a coincidence And they think they "will acquire travel demand from neighboring areas including Bengaluru (Bangalore) and Hyderabad, which are growing rapidly as the base of the Indian IT industry" Too bad, JL is launching the direct flight to BLR
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

https://www.ana.co.jp/group/en/pr/201901/20190123.html

The dark side is launching NRT-MAA in Winter 2019...this couldn't be a coincidence And they think they "will acquire travel demand from neighboring areas including Bengaluru (Bangalore) and Hyderabad, which are growing rapidly as the base of the Indian IT industry" Too bad, JL is launching the direct flight to BLR
Then they can fight over the neighbourhood traffic.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:25 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent

It's one of the best times to go to BLR. Traffic is quite awful, and seems to be getting exponentially worse. The ~3am departure bank is one of the few times it doesn't take several hours to get between the city and the airport. I'm very much looking forward to this flight.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 1:53 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Just wondering when will JL be loading inventory for this flight...
Old Aug 22, 2019, 4:32 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Unionruler
Just wondering when will JL be loading inventory for this flight...
I'm waiting as well.. Hopefully soon.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 9:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
When I go to New Delhi the flight always arrive / leave at similar time bank (i.e. arrive at night and departure from mid-night). Road traffic is actually much better during those time and people do use Taxi / Uber / Hotel car from what I observe (heck the target audience are business traveler anyway do you expect them to take bus to the airport?).

The time is quite good as to connect LAX and SAN, but unfortunately SFO is pretty much out of picture with the annoyance, but may actually be OK as the IT people can go enjoy Akihabara during forced layover where company pays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.