Wiki Posts
Search

2500 FOP in 11 hours possible?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Cathay, JGC
2500 FOP in 11 hours possible?

Hi all! Genki? First time posting on the JAL forum. Really hoping to fly more with JAL this year!

Well... I've been doing some research on FOP and I was hoping the Kuala Lumpar to Boston flight would get me to JMB Sapphire... But I think I'll be off by around 2,500FOP. Which is super annoying! Is there a quick flight I can take during the 11hours layover between the JAL724 arriving 7:05am and the JAL8 departing at 6:15pm to get me that extra 2500FOP?

Travelling to and from Narita and Haneda, immigration and security check etc... I don't really see anything suitable, but wanted to see if anybody else had any ideas. Somewhere 425miles from Narita would be perfect... Does such thing exist?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:40 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
I can only confirm it is possible with the winter schedule. Given you are flying during the summer, you won’t know for sure until it is announced. And there are way better options than doing this MR.
kijhkijh likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 4:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JALPak
I can only confirm it is possible with the winter schedule. Given you are flying during the summer, you won’t know for sure until it is announced. And there are way better options than doing this MR.
I've been reading loads of blogs about JAL training like you had suggested on another post. Thought this would be the most "comfortable" way to get 30,000+ FOPs. If you have any other advice, it'd be much appreciated.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: JGC premier
Assuming no luggage, you should be able to take, for example, JL 907 and 906 HND-OKA-HND departing 8:50 am and back at HND at 3 pm based on the winter schedule. You only need about 1-1.5 hour to move between HND-NRT, and with online check in only need to pass the security line 15 min before the domestic flight. presumably you would have already checked in to your BOS flight. But it’ll be tiring. If you would have accumulated more than 25k FOP from JL anyway, you can just get the remaining 2500 FOP by flying other OW carrier at a better time.
kijhkijh likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by kijhkijh
Hi all! Genki? First time posting on the JAL forum. Really hoping to fly more with JAL this year!
Well... I've been doing some research on FOP and I was hoping the Kuala Lumpar to Boston flight would get me to JMB Sapphire... But I think I'll be off by around 2,500FOP. Which is super annoying! Is there a quick flight I can take during the 11hours layover between the JAL724 arriving 7:05am and the JAL8 departing at 6:15pm to get me that extra 2500FOP?
Travelling to and from Narita and Haneda, immigration and security check etc... I don't really see anything suitable, but wanted to see if anybody else had any ideas. Somewhere 425miles from Narita would be perfect... Does such thing exist?
Thanks in advance for any advice!
Quite expensive but doable. You will need at least 3 flights earning an average of 818 FOP/flight to make it to your target (or 4 flights earning an average of 630 FOP/flight)

Something akin to this. This is a very rough draft, but you get the idea. Research on whether or not it is profitable to go to HND to start your trek

Normally: HND-ITM piston 2 returns (4 flights), 820 FOP/flight (420 + 400 bonus, on a sakitoku 75% earning ticket),
so 4 should get you the 2500 easily. But getting cheap fares on this busy trunk route is a nightmare.

or be really adventurous.......

JAL3083 NRT-NGO 10:25dep-11:40arr 690 FOP (290 + 400 bonus, on a sakitoku 75% earning ticket)
JAL3105 NGO-CTS 11:45dep-13:25arr 1,322 FOP (922 + 400 bonus, on a sakitoku 75% earning ticket)
*tricky 5 minute connection. Hope they can wait, since there is no airside transit security, might even be side by side gates!
JAL512 CTS-HND 14:00dep-15:40arr 1,166 FOP (766 + 400 bonus, on a sakitoku 75% earning ticket)
take the 16:11 keikyu train connecting to the Keisei liner to narita to arrive at 17:41, with international boarding pass in hand to join your outbound flight at 18:15.
Total FOP: 3,178
kijhkijh likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by bakaneko85
Assuming no luggage, you should be able to take, for example, JL 907 and 906 HND-OKA-HND departing 8:50 am and back at HND at 3 pm based on the winter schedule. You only need about 1-1.5 hour to move between HND-NRT, and with online check in only need to pass the security line 15 min before the domestic flight. presumably you would have already checked in to your BOS flight. But it’ll be tiring. If you would have accumulated more than 25k FOP from JL anyway, you can just get the remaining 2500 FOP by flying other OW carrier at a better time.

HND-NRT MCT is 3 hours. JAL won't be responsible if KUL-NRT is delayed given his "connection" violates MCT.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Quite expensive but doable. You will need at least 3 flights earning an average of 818 FOP/flight to make it to your target (or 4 flights earning an average of 630 FOP/flight)

Something akin to this. This is a very rough draft, but you get the idea. Research on whether or not it is profitable to go to HND to start your trek

Normally: HND-ITM piston 2 returns (4 flights), 820 FOP/flight (420 + 400 bonus, on a sakitoku 75% earning ticket),
so 4 should get you the 2500 easily. But getting cheap fares on this busy trunk route is a nightmare.

or be really adventurous.......

JAL3083 NRT-NGO 10:25dep-11:40arr 690 FOP (290 + 400 bonus, on a sakitoku 75% earning ticket)
JAL3105 NGO-CTS 11:45dep-13:25arr 1,322 FOP (922 + 400 bonus, on a sakitoku 75% earning ticket)
*tricky 5 minute connection. Hope they can wait, since there is no airside transit security, might even be side by side gates!
JAL512 CTS-HND 14:00dep-15:40arr 1,166 FOP (766 + 400 bonus, on a sakitoku 75% earning ticket)
take the 16:11 keikyu train connecting to the Keisei liner to narita to arrive at 17:41, with international boarding pass in hand to join your outbound flight at 18:15.
Total FOP: 3,178
Again, this itinerary does not satisfy the MCT. You can't possibly think JL will ticket a connection with only 5 min between arrival and departure time.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:13 pm

Programs: JGC premier
Originally Posted by JALPak
HND-NRT MCT is 3 hours. JAL won't be responsible if KUL-NRT is delayed given his "connection" violates MCT.
Sure it will violate MCT, so all risks lies on OP, but based on my experience connecting HND-NRT it is totally doable.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 4:35 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. As I had never done a Narita to Haneda trip before, I think I'll play it safe and get the extra FOP needed on other oneworld flights.

I was planning to take the trip to Boston around June. Would have ended up with around 47,000 FOP by the end of that trip. So just wanted to see if I could make use of the 11 hour layover. Was even looking at the possibility of a quick trip to Busan. 😆

Anyway, really appreciate all the suggestions. Just sorry I won't have the gut to try it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.