Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Issue with JAL website award search lately?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat

Trying to use JL miles for future redemption and while searching in the JL website under JAL International Award Search section, the only option for designation is JAPAN when anywhere else is selected as origin. Tried a couple of different accounts and browser, and wonder if others may have encounter this? Not going to risk transferring points over if I can't book online directly as soon as I see F opens up on the date I want...
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:12 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by shihyin
Trying to use JL miles for future redemption and while searching in the JL website under JAL International Award Search section, the only option for designation is JAPAN when anywhere else is selected as origin. Tried a couple of different accounts and browser, and wonder if others may have encounter this? Not going to risk transferring points over if I can't book online directly as soon as I see F opens up on the date I want...
JAL internetional flight award are limited to flights between JAPAN and ohter countries.
If you want to do U.S - Japan - Asia, you need two awards (US - Japan, and Japan Asia).
What are you looking for ?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
JAL internetional flight award are limited to flights between JAPAN and ohter countries.
If you want to do U.S - Japan - Asia, you need two awards (US - Japan, and Japan Asia).
What are you looking for ?
I am looking for US-Japan-Asia indeed. Has that been changed recently with the award chart change? Earlier this year, I was able to redeem JL miles online with the same itinerary.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 6:45 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by shihyin
I am looking for US-Japan-Asia indeed. Has that been changed recently with the award chart change? Earlier this year, I was able to redeem JL miles online with the same itinerary.
JAL to adopt dynamic award pricing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.