Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

How to flexibly search for partner airlines award tickets

Old Jan 11, 19, 4:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Diamond

Is it possible to do a flexible search for partner airlines award tickets? I see the calendar view for JAL-only tickets, but when I go to the page for partner airline award tickets, it only lets me search on specific dates. I'm pretty flexible, so I'd like to check everyday for availability anywhere in a huge window, not just for a specific date.

On top of that, it also effectively ignores the class I specify and shows me all flights, just with a little warning for each flight that doesn't have my class available (usually all of them). I assume there's no way to limit to flights that actually have availability in the class you specify?
Old Jan 11, 19, 3:18 pm

Programs: JGC premier
just use BA’s award search function to browse availabilities and when you’re ready book at JAL for the specific dates you’ve chosen.
Old Jan 13, 19, 8:27 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
No.
Use either the BA site or QF site.
JAL website is not geared towards redemptions on non-JAL airlines. It is just not their market (the majority of JMB members are JAL flyers and JAL redeemers)
Old Jan 13, 19, 12:53 pm

I'm seeing saver first award availability for a flight I want in 5 days on AA and AE metal. It's bookable on AA and BA but JAL website and JAL phone agents only see some terrible early morning flights that day, they don't see the good flights I want (again, they're AA Saver First and bookable on AA and BA websites). Any tips on how to get this booked with JAL online or over the phone? They're not seeing the right inventory even when looking at individual legs.
Old Jan 13, 19, 3:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
AE (Air Ceylon or Mandarin Airlines) metal?
which route and date exactly?
Old Jan 13, 19, 5:38 pm

Sorry, American Eagle. Flights are on American Airlines and American Eagle. I hung up and called again, this time without entering my JAL member number into the automated system. The new rep i spoke with did see the proper flights. So screw them, and make sure you don't give the phone prompts your JAL number!

Search this Thread