Sfo-nrt-hkg

Old Jan 7, 19, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Sfo-nrt-hkg

Im looking to fly from sfo to nrt then to hkg. I checked cathay but sfo-hkg is hard to find award and nrt to hkg would likely cost me more miles. Which airline’s premium class from sfo to nrt would you recommend? Is Japan Airline’s business or first product good? Is it easy to redeem using aa pts? I also have chase ur pts and amex pts. I can transfer amex to star alliance and redeem ANA. Their premium product good? Easy to find award space?
Old Jan 7, 19, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA Silver (working on Gold), Hilton Dia, Marriott Plat, Radisson Gold, Hertz 5*
Keep in mind that Tokyo has two airports that are pretty far from each other. JAL only flies SFO-HND. ANA only flies SFO-NRT (as well as SJC-NRT). United flies both SFO-HND and SFO-NRT. There are connecting flights to HKG from both airports. In general, JAL is slightly better than ANA and they are both significantly better than United.

You can search for ANA and United award space through the United website without creating an account. You can search for JAL award space through the JAL website by creating an account. Typically premium cabins are hard to get unless you're booking either almost a year in advance, or less than a month in advance.
Old Jan 7, 19, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OP's other 2 threads on this topic
AA https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...9-sfo-nrt.html
SQ Sfo-nrt-hkg

OP needs to look at HND & NRT
Old Jan 9, 19, 10:29 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: United MileagePlus & FlyerTalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM/Plat; AS MVP 75K; AA gold; Fairmont & Starwood platinum; Hyatt diamond; Kimpton IC Elite
As there are other threads on this topic (thank you Mwenenzi), this one will be closed. Please direct comments to one of the threads provided above.

l'etoile
sr moderator

Search this Thread