A350 deliveries and schedules

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:27 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
A350 deliveries and schedules

https://www.aviationwire.jp/archives/163988

Finally it’s time for JAL to receive its A350. First delivery is expected in June and will deploy on trunk routes such as HND-FUK in July. JAL and Airbus may unveil the plane at PAS which will be held on June 17
Old Jan 1, 2019, 9:08 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Has the seat config been released yet?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I am curiously awaiting the config for the A350-1000. They have selected a smaller plane, but generally the 77Ws seem to be packed on most flights.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:51 am

Programs: JAL Diamond, BAEC Gold, AS 75K, VS Gold, AC 50K, WoH Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I am curiously awaiting the config for the A350-1000. They have selected a smaller plane, but generally the 77Ws seem to be packed on most flights.
+1 here. I also wonder how JAL will arrange the Apex suites on their 35K. 77W's 2-3-2 arrangement is already pretty tight compared to 787's biz cabin.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JALOO5-Flyer
+1 here. I also wonder how JAL will arrange the Apex suites on their 35K. 77W's 2-3-2 arrangement is already pretty tight compared to 787's biz cabin.
The cabin is 20cm narrower than the 77W, so there is no option but 2-2-2, which again means a more compact is needed or a cut in premium seating.

I can't help thinking the A350-1000 was a poor choice for JAL. Though timing might was probably not ideal.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 6:03 am
Original Poster

The cabin is 20cm narrower than the 77W, so there is no option but 2-2-2, which again means a more compact is needed or a cut in premium seating.

I can't help thinking the A350-1000 was a poor choice for JAL. Though timing might was probably not ideal.
they can shrink the aisle width
Old Jan 2, 2019, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JALPak

they can shrink the aisle width
Since you can barely get a rolling carry on down the aisle of the 77W, there is not 20cm to be had from that.

I guess at the time JAL ordered, the 787-10 was not much different, and Boeing had not launched the 777X, but I am surprised Boeing would not have hinted at what was coming. But who is to say they did not.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:31 pm

Since you can barely get a rolling carry on down the aisle of the 77W, there is not 20cm to be had from that.

I guess at the time JAL ordered, the 787-10 was not much different, and Boeing had not launched the 777X, but I am surprised Boeing would not have hinted at what was coming. But who is to say they did not.
A350 order for JAL was effect of poor 787 initial performance, JAL president at that time rises out why only all-Boeing fleet. So no matter Boeing offered how much 777X discount to JAL, JAL cannot place order to Boeing under president pressure.
Let's wait and see JAL will correct it in future.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:31 am
Original Poster

Looks like the schedule has been pushed back. A350 will be deployed on HND-FUK from Sep 2019

JAL?????2019??????????? | ??????? | JAL?????
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like the schedule has been pushed back. A350 will be deployed on HND-FUK from Sep 2019

JAL?????2019??????????? ??????? JAL?????
What was the original plan?

There is another more interesting part of this release, but let's not bang that in this thread.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:18 am
Original Poster

What was the original plan?

There is another more interesting part of this release, but let's not bang that in this thread.
July. I assume JL simply wants to have more time to train its pilots and maintenance staff since it's quite a shift from Boeing to Airbus....those damn joysticks
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

July. I assume JL simply wants to have more time to train its pilots and maintenance staff since it's quite a shift from Boeing to Airbus....those damn joysticks
Airbus has been seriously behind on their schedule, maybe they are still struggling.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:35 am
Original Poster

Airbus has been seriously behind on their schedule, maybe they are still struggling.
Not sure...last report indicates they will unveil the plan at PAR in June
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:06 am
Original Poster

https://www.aviationwire.jp/archives/164963

According to aviation wire, delivery is still scheduled for June.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.