About JGC

Old Dec 30, 18, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

About JGC

Hello. Anyone could tell me if I can present my JGC card at check in counter to enjoy the sapphire members perks, but credit miles to my CX marco polo club....
Old Dec 31, 18, 12:01 am

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Yes, that is possible.

Be aware that AA for lounge access states that the card used for access should also be the card used for mileage, and that BA tends to update the the mileage accrual to the card you use for lounge access without telling you. So you do need to monitor quite carefully that points go whee you intend.
Colin Min likes this.
Old Dec 31, 18, 12:46 am
Original Poster

Cool! thanks so much for your information! I'll probably keep flying cx after getting the JL elite so that there shouldn't be any problem=)
Old Dec 31, 18, 1:02 am

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Colin Min View Post
Cool! thanks so much for your information! I'll probably keep flying cx after getting the JL elite so that there shouldn't be any problem=)
Report back if CX does something similar

While I know of those two "trouble makers" I can't claim to say it is a comprehensive list.
Old Dec 31, 18, 4:05 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Yes as mentioned above. Just manage your booking while in the lounge to make sure no "mistakes" in the changes to mileage number have been made.
Or, also ask the lounge dragons/departure gate agents to confirm that "the FQTV number" (=Actual FFP that ends up getting credited.) is still the original Cathay Pacific Number.
Old Dec 31, 18, 5:19 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List, CX Diamond
A data point.
A few years ago, I moved one of my main FFP from CX to JAL.
At CX HKG pier first class lounge, I regsitered my JAL FFP no for mile of a CX flight, still I could get into the lounge with my CX Diamond card. Miles were credited correctly to JAL account.
Same experience at Wing. I had to show my CX Diamond card for entry of first class lounge.
Anyway, I achieved JAL Diamond in 3 months. So it was very temporal issue for me.

Then I was accumulating BA TP, So I had to show my JAL Diamong card to enter HND/LHR/.... lounge.
All miles were credited to my BA account correctly.

BTW, I have CX Diamond card valid through May 2020 (not typo. CX sent me a card without no CX crediting during last 30 months).
I haven't tried to bring two guests into CX lounge (one guest for OWE).

Last edited by Wasabi Tofu; Dec 31, 18 at 5:28 am

Search this Thread