Reservation booked with JL not showing in account

Old Dec 16, 18, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Question Reservation booked with JL not showing in account

I recently booked a reservation ex-SGN on the Japan Airline's website, all on JL metal, and intend to credit all flights to JL mileage bank (for the purposes of qualifying for JAL global club). Throughout the booking process, JL's website has this odd quirk that apparently one can only be logged in when booking a flight departing from the country of the account's address. i.e. I am based in the US, so I can only log in to JL's American website (I tried other countries, and it was clearly not allowed). And I could only book my reservation on the English version of JL's vietnam website, so could not log in. I entered my JMB number during booking, but reservation still will not show in account.

Has anyone found a way to get a reservation like this to show up in their JMB account? I already triple checked that my name and account number were keyed in correctly.

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 16, 18, 8:01 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
I have booked from the Singapore website as I needed to get a one way to Tokyo (long story of the sometimes inefficiencies of our corporate TA), I had no problem with that showing on my account. Neither do I with any of the weird constructs from our corporate TA when they actually do work efficiently.

I would suspect that it is either an aberration, or there is actually an error on the name/number input. Middle name issue?

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Dec 16, 18 at 8:25 pm
Old Dec 16, 18, 8:09 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List, CX Diamond
My experience had no problem about booking at outside of registered country, too.
As you wrote, you have to book as a non-JMB member.
However, you can register your JMB number after booking complete by retriveing your booking record by booking reference.

Off topic:
For doometic flights, some advance purchase fare bookings don't appear in the account page due to JAL's limitation of IT.
(e.g. booking SuperSakitoku when still UltraSakitoku fare is available).
Old Dec 17, 18, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Thank you both. It is still not showing at all. Number is correct, no issues with middle name. I tried removing and adding my number. Still doesn't do anything.

Do you guys think this is something that can be fixed by calling JL in the US?
Old Dec 17, 18, 5:14 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Try play with the drop-down menu
Old Dec 17, 18, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu View Post
Off topic:
For doometic flights, some advance purchase fare bookings don't appear in the account page due to JAL's limitation of IT.
(e.g. booking SuperSakitoku when still UltraSakitoku fare is available).
The domestic booking system has a few other oddities. You can't select which frequent flyer programme you use and so there's no way to enter AA/AY/BA etc. membership numbers during the booking. JAL asks for your phone number but gives you no option to specify the country code so they might think that you use a +81 phone number even if you don't.
Old Dec 17, 18, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by Some person View Post
The domestic booking system has a few other oddities. You can't select which frequent flyer programme you use and so there's no way to enter AA/AY/BA etc. membership numbers during the booking. JAL asks for your phone number but gives you no option to specify the country code so they might think that you use a +81 phone number even if you don't.
???
I always enter my BA FFP number to JAL online booking system in Japanese.
A trick is booking as a non member, then you have FFP number option button in booking page.
However, once you registered FFP no, you couldn't change it, you have to call.

Yes, a seat selection could be problem. Forutnately, I have both of BA Gold(GGL), and JAL Diamond, (and CX Diamond, curiously, they gave me a card valid through May 2020 after I stopped to credit to CX FFP).
Old Dec 17, 18, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
Try play with the drop-down menu
Neither the revenue/redemption or creator/traveler dropdowns worked. I decided to call JL USA reservations, and after spending some time on hold, the representative told me I would get a call back after someone looks into it. 20 minutes after the call ended, I got a call back. It's displayed properly now in my account. So I guess it is truly a IT problem. Anyways, problem solved now.
Old Dec 18, 18, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by Some person View Post
JAL asks for your phone number but gives you no option to specify the country code so they might think that you use a +81 phone number even if you don't.
Yes, I agree with you.
However, if you want to enter a meaningful phone number,
you can enter a phone number with the international access code (prefix 010) from Japan
For example,
You can enter JAL's US contact numer (+1-310-607-4160) as
01013-10607-4160
rustykettel likes this.

Search this Thread