Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Checked baggage for a stopover at NRT

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Checked baggage for a stopover at NRT

Does anyone have experience about a stopover in NRT? What would happen to the checked baggage? Will they be transfered to the final destination or do I need to claim the baggage and check-in again once I'm back at the airport the day after? All flights will be operated by JAL and the stopover is about 23 hours btw. TIA
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:00 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by babydragon89
Does anyone have experience about a stopover in NRT? What would happen to the checked baggage? Will they be transfered to the final destination or do I need to claim the baggage and check-in again once I'm back at the airport the day after? All flights will be operated by JAL and the stopover is about 23 hours btw. TIA
It's only considered as a stopover if the connection is > 24 hours. Assuming your connection flight departs from NRT as well, you can either ask them to check through the luggages or pick them up at NRT.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
If baggage is tagged through to final destination at your point of travel origin, and you are fine. It will stay at Narita baggage storage for the whole day awaiting your connection.
(They wont forcefully change the destination of the luggage to Narita!)
Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:19 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
(They wont forcefully change the destination of the luggage to Narita!)
it can be done
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JALPak
It's only considered as a stopover if the connection is > 24 hours. Assuming your connection flight departs from NRT as well, you can either ask them to check through the luggages or pick them up at NRT.
Thanks for helping. What about > 24 hours?
Kris_Chari likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.