No more announcements from cockpit?

Old Dec 8, 18, 1:13 am
Original Poster

No more announcements from cockpit?

Just finished two flights with JAL: JL736 and JL816, services and foods better than CX, especially JL816 meal, not sure prepared from KIX or TPE(Ice-cream came from Japan), it's very tasty and also very lucky JL736 switched to SS8, what a great bed!

But I missed announcements from cockpit, both flights pilot didn't made any announcements at all. In my past JAL flight experiences(Domestics + Intl.), the pilot at least made one announcement to communicate with pax.

Did any FT-er experienced the same in past few months?
Old Dec 8, 18, 2:11 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
No, perhaps your pilots were too drunk to make the announcements lol
THR, AirbrushA380 and joejones like this.
Old Dec 8, 18, 2:49 am

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
They usually always do make announcements, though sometimes very brief. Usually there will always be an announcement after the cabin service i stopped but before the final decent commences
Old Dec 8, 18, 6:35 am

No need for announcements.
​​​​​They always interrupt the most important part of the movie.
cowie likes this.
Old Dec 8, 18, 6:39 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
I got a little excited when I read the subject line because I thought an airline finally decided to cut announcements.

I don't care which runway we're landing on or our altitude. I especially don't need the crew to remind me that the seat belt light means I need to buckle up.

I just want to sleep. If I want to know the flight time, I'll read my itinerary or ask a FA.
Old Dec 11, 18, 8:00 am

Programs: UA Silver (working on Gold), Hilton Dia, Marriott Plat, Radisson Gold, Hertz 5*
I have noticed this sometimes on routes operated by non-Japanese flight crews. (Then again, last year I was flying from HKG to NRT on ANA, and after the Japanese CA's typically slow, soft, deliberate announcements, the PA came on and a loud Australian male voice boomed "GOOOOOOOD AFTERNOON FROM THE FLIGHT DECK!!!!" which I have to admit was a little weird in context.)

Search this Thread