Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL international to domestic connection time - separate tickets

Old Dec 6, 18, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum

Hello. We are flying DFW->NRT arriving at 16:25 on JAL (booked JL J through AAdvantage)
Connection to Osaka Itami depart at 18:20 on paid JL ticket booked through JL.

Should this be plenty of time to get through immigration, check in for domestic flight. I was told min connection time is 1hr 20 minutes, think i'll have enough time to hit the lounge for a beer?
Old Dec 6, 18, 12:38 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Generally speaking it is probably fine. You will most likely get your boarding pass and have luggage checked through from DFW. However, you still need to claim your luggage and take it though customs at Narita.

However leaving 2 hours between flights on seperate tickets is a bit risky, you will not have any protection in case the flight from DFW is late.
Old Dec 6, 18, 1:56 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
Generally speaking it is probably fine. You will most likely get your boarding pass and have luggage checked through from DFW. However, you still need to claim your luggage and take it though customs at Narita.

However leaving 2 hours between flights on seperate tickets is a bit risky, you will not have any protection in case the flight from DFW is late.
do these apply for JEP?
Old Dec 6, 18, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post

do these apply for JEP?
I purchased JEP tickets for the flight to Osaka.

I ended up calling JAL and was told that my NRT->Itami tickets have been noted on my international reservation and I should be protected if we are delayed due to weather, mechanical, or any other issues.
Old Dec 6, 18, 3:48 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bigshooter View Post
I purchased JEP tickets for the flight to Osaka.

I ended up calling JAL and was told that my NRT->Itami tickets have been noted on my international reservation and I should be protected if we are delayed due to weather, mechanical, or any other issues.
that’s exactly why I asked whether CPH-Flyer’s answers apply to JEP
Old Dec 6, 18, 7:08 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post

do these apply for JEP?
I tend to forget them, and wtite about standard tickets. Memo to self, ask if ticket is JEP.
Old Dec 15, 18, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA Explat, UA 1K
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
I tend to forget them, and wtite about standard tickets. Memo to self, ask if ticket is JEP.
So JEP tickets will be protected, while standard tickets will not?
Old Dec 17, 18, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA Explat, UA 1K
Originally Posted by skit53 View Post
So JEP tickets will be protected, while standard tickets will not?
Called and had my international (award) & domestic tickets (non JEP) linked, not sure if they'll be protected though.

Search this Thread