JAL Original Coasters

Old Nov 22, 2018, 9:00 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
JAL Original Coasters

Now we finally have an international version of the JAL TODOFUKEN SEALS! JL has designed 6 different coasters for its overseas crews from Hong Kong, Shanghai, Taipei, Singapore, Bangkok, and London. Same as the seals, this is to help start up conversation with the passengers.
rustykettel and flapland like this.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 8:55 am

Are these just for First/Business passengers or throughout the aircraft. Flying JL42 and 41 in four and six weeks time hence the interest.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flapland
Are these just for First/Business passengers or throughout the aircraft. Flying JL42 and 41 in four and six weeks time hence the interest.
all cabins but you need to ask the foreign CAs for it. So if your flight don’t have a LHR based crew then you won’t get any
flapland likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JALPak

all cabins but you need to ask the foreign CAs for it. So if your flight don’t have a LHR based crew then you won’t get any
The times I have taken 41/42 there has not been any LHR crew base members onboard. So far, seem to have been reserved for 43/44.

But maybe it has just taken a seriously long time to recruit and train for the 787....
Old Nov 24, 2018, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The times I have taken 41/42 there has not been any LHR crew base members onboard. So far, seem to have been reserved for 43/44.

But maybe it has just taken a seriously long time to recruit and train for the 787....
or the union refused to train for the tiny plane
Old Nov 24, 2018, 7:36 pm

Programs: JGC premier
Interesting. Is there a page with details? On my way to fly SHA-TYO right now, maybe I should ask to get one.

Old Nov 24, 2018, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
From JAL's Facebook oage

https://www.facebook.com/195152223850783/posts/2188041864561799/
Old Nov 24, 2018, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bakaneko85
Interesting. Is there a page with details? On my way to fly SHA-TYO right now, maybe I should ask to get one.

you need to talk to the SHA based CA and the code word is wonton lol
Old Nov 24, 2018, 8:33 pm

Blocked by the great firewall of China lol. Guess i’ll just have to ask on board
Old Nov 24, 2018, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Blocked by the great firewall of China lol. Guess i’ll just have to ask on board
of course you have to ask onboard. Show them this and they will know what you are talking about

DRAGON_fly likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 11:37 pm

Thanks all, lol managed to get the Wonton and Xiao Long Bao. Should get Tom Yam Koong and Tea Time easily due to my travel pattern, hopefully I’ll get to get Chilli Crab and Sweets some time next year - my trips there are less regular.

As a side note, might be good to show the link/ picture. Couldn’t find overseas based CA easily, when I asked the Japanese CA about overseas CA and showed them the picture, they got confused and had to ‘check’.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all, lol managed to get the Wonton and Xiao Long Bao. Should get Tom Yam Koong and Tea Time easily due to my travel pattern, hopefully I’ll get to get Chilli Crab and Sweets some time next year - my trips there are less regular.

As a side note, might be good to show the link/ picture. Couldn’t find overseas based CA easily, when I asked the Japanese CA about overseas CA and showed them the picture, they got confused and had to ‘check’.
Told you to use the code word you just wouldn’t listen. Just say do you have any wonton today and they will know LOL

the overseas CAs are very easy to spot. They have the outport base on their badges.

should be easy for me to get Tom Yam Kung and Sweets. Hopefully it will be similar to the seals which CAs sometimes have seals from other regions.

Old Nov 25, 2018, 1:02 am

Lol it’ll be interesting to see their frozen face as they try to ‘process’ the request.. in all seriousness though, For short haul intl routes with semi private space in J, this is probably not the best idea. The plane today was SSIII, and without craning my neck it’s hard to see details of the people passing by; And of course having to serve meal on 2 hr or so short haul means that the crew were pretty busy and walked very quickly to process passengers’ requests. I almost felt bad for stopping them. It’s different with domestic where only drinks get served (except F) and the line of sight is pretty clear.

Last edited by bakaneko85; Nov 25, 2018 at 1:08 am
Old Nov 25, 2018, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Lol it’ll be interesting to see their frozen face as they try to ‘process’ the request.. in all seriousness though, For short haul intl routes with semi private space in J, this is probably not the best idea. The plane today was SSIII, and without craning my neck it’s hard to see details of the people passing by; And of course having to serve meal on 2 hr or so short haul means that the crew were pretty busy and walked very quickly to process passengers’ requests. I almost felt bad for stopping them. It’s different with domestic where only drinks get served (except F) and the line of sight is pretty clear.
it’s pretty easy to spot the extra piece on the badge, just don’t stare and try to figure out the actual base actually for these short haul flights it is pretty easy to spot the non Japanese crews even without the badge but yea for a two hour flight not sure when would be a good time to ask
Old Nov 25, 2018, 1:46 am
Original Poster

The HKG code word wouldn’t be too obvious. They might think I am asking for an extra ice cream serving LOL I have to ask for an egg tart instead

but don’t mess with the LHR based crew, they are primarily here for your safety only haha
bakaneko85 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.