Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Is JAL's Seatmap on Manage Your Booking Able to Identify Passengers w/ Infants?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2018, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite

Traveling tomorrow on JL 4 in F and was looking at the seatmap on "Manage Your Booking" and noted that it shows one seat as having a passenger with an infant. Is the JAL system smart enough actually to match data from a passenger with an infant and then display it on the seat map, or does it just show that automatically whenever someone is booked in one of the designated bassinet seats?

No issue with a lap infant for me, but I'd be seriously impressed if JAL lets passengers know this in advance so they can make more informed seat choices.

Thanks!
Old Nov 20, 2018, 9:44 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
It’s been there for a while. I don’t see how impressive this is. There’s an infant ticket and the adult traveling with infant is assigned to the seat. It’s pretty straightforward to implement this
Old Nov 20, 2018, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Thanks. It may be simple, but I've never seen any other airline do this, so I remain impressed.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I have not seen this on any other airline yet. There is the requirement though that the passenger with an infant has chosen a seat, which is not always the case. Or they could be moved around. In the specifc case here with F, the moving is not going to be that far, but in other cabins there is a bit more of distance to potentially move.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.