FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank-513/)
-   -   Any differences between service components/level of HND-SFO F and other routes? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank/1941101-any-differences-between-service-components-level-hnd-sfo-f-other-routes.html)

mcrw00 Nov 17, 2018 6:53 pm

Any differences between service components/level of HND-SFO F and other routes?

HND-SFO is the shortest Japan-Mainland US route with an F cabin.

Are there any material differences between the level or components of F service on this route vs some of the longer TPAC routes (ORD, JFK)?

CPH-Flyer Nov 17, 2018 10:24 pm

Only in the variety and options of the any time menu. Less is available on the shorter flight. But can't say I have felt any real discernable difference.

JALPak Nov 17, 2018 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 30441072)
Only in the variety and options of the any time menu. Less is available on the shorter flight. But can't say I have felt any real discernable difference.

haven’t you noticed more grocery shoppers participating in eating and drinking competitions, which further reduces your catering options? LOL

CPH-Flyer Nov 18, 2018 2:11 am

Originally Posted by JALPak (Post 30441142)

haven’t you noticed more grocery shoppers participating in eating and drinking competitions, which further reduces your catering options? LOL

I have more often been in fully booked cabins on LAX and JFK than SFO. But I have never had food run out on me. Salon yes, but I think I am quite guilty in helping that run out. Also Sydney and Jakarta seemed the redeemers favourites when they were there, but no food shortages there either.

JALPak Nov 18, 2018 2:21 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 30441345)
I have more often been in fully booked cabins on LAX and JFK than SFO. But I have never had food run out on me. Salon yes, but I think I am quite guilty in helping that run out. Also Sydney and Jakarta seemed the redeemers favourites when they were there, but no food shortages there either.

it’s grocery shoppers not redeemers. Redeemers use miles, grocery shoppers use their dirt cheap coupons to get the seats for a fraction of the cost. There are two big grocery chains here in the US LOL

Not seeing a full F cabin just indicates how this is a redemption heaven ;)

joking aside, the a la carte menu has been going downhill in general for the past few years. Used to have better options. And the differences between JFK and SFO is so little that most likely it won’t affect one’s enjoyment.

CPH-Flyer Nov 18, 2018 2:34 am

Originally Posted by JALPak (Post 30441367)

joking aside, the a la carte menu has been going downhill in general for the past few years. Used to have better options.

I probably never flew JAL in their prime, but I do sometimes think that by now the main meal is the only real F worthy food. But then I flew Lufthansa F, and I guess we are still very well treated by JAL

JALPak Nov 18, 2018 2:38 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 30441390)
I probably never flew JAL in their prime, but I do sometimes think that by now the main meal is the only real F worthy food. But then I flew Lufthansa F, and I guess we are still very well treated by JAL

yea a lot of the a la carte menu items are also available in C so not really interested in those, which further limits my options lol