Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Narita Airport Lounge Closure

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2019, 6:41 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
And I’m in the NRT lounge right now (morning) and no problem entering on a J ticket as an Emerald, even though the UL checkin agent apologetically said I would not be allowed in as UL is in the satellite F lounge.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:42 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
And I’m in the NRT lounge right now (morning) and no problem entering on a J ticket as an Emerald, even though the UL checkin agent apologetically said I would not be allowed in as UL is in the satellite F lounge.
i think the satelite lounge is quite lax but i got turned away on sunday 4pm at the main lounge (cx metal, jl status)
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by kaka

i think the satelite lounge is quite lax but i got turned away on sunday 4pm at the main lounge (cx metal, jl status)
Really! Surprising. I was UL metal AA status... but it was “relatively” quiet compared to the usual circus. I was even able to find an empty table to sit at!
kaka likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by Comet21
Take it with a grain of shio but when I asked one of the staff at the NRT F lounge she mentioned it'll re-open in April.
Thank you for answering the question that led me to the JL forum today!
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:29 pm
Suspended

omg finally chuu toro in a week! ok, time to go on a trip.
is that what i have missed out on last sunday?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jgchiker
Good old old times when you could order anything you wanted.
Even sashimi if you were a good boy.
i guess some people are gaming the system too much- imagine getting 10 pcs of chutoro? they are relying on the rice to fill up the greedy people. what i dont get is, why cant people who are greedy just bag up all the rice then dispose it in a way or another.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:43 pm

is that what i have missed out on last sunday?
Yup. Although the maguro this week was not bad at all, better than the usual one.

Toro back tomorrow I think ...
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:48 pm
Suspended

Yup. Although the maguro this week was not bad at all, better than the usual one.

Toro back tomorrow I think ...
that sucks. hving sushi n sake without thinking about the bill is so enjoyable
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:00 pm

that sucks. hving sushi n sake without thinking about the bill is so enjoyable
Yes except you have to get up and line up every 60 seconds or whatever your speed of eating sushi is
kaka likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:13 pm

Coming in from ORD. Can I use the F lounge in T2 if connecting to a JL domestic flight in the same terminal? Or am I stuck with going through security right away and ending up in the domestic lounge
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by krugmaniac
Coming in from ORD. Can I use the F lounge in T2 if connecting to a JL domestic flight in the same terminal? Or am I stuck with going through security right away and ending up in the domestic lounge
International and domestic departures are completely separated, you can't access the international departure area with a domestic ticket. You have to go through immigration and customs, and then on to the domestic departure area.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:42 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
International and domestic departures are completely separated, you can't access the international departure area with a domestic ticket. You have to go through immigration and customs, and then on to the domestic departure area.
just stay landslide till the last minute unless you want a shower
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:27 pm

Just a data point. JL operated "Sold as AA" J class Oneworld Emerald yesterday. No issues accessing main and satellite F lounges.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 9:03 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Shower rooms at main building F lounge on the 3rd floor will be closing from March to mid July

Shower Rooms in JAL First Class Lounge in Main Building 3rd Floor, Narita International Airport Closed for Renovation - JAL

Due to renovation, shower rooms in JAL First Class Lounge in the Main Building 3rd Floor at Narita International Airport will be closed from March 1, 2019 to mid-July 2019.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
But, the 3rd floor F lounge was supposed to close for renovation from spring 2019 and the 4th floor reopen.

This means that there are no showers on the 4th floor, and the theory that the whole 4th floor would become a big new and improved F lounge is not what is going to happen. This seems to indicate that we are heading for the same setup as before, just in a refurbished version

If that was not the case, why would it be relevant to announce the closing of showers in a section that has already been announced to close around now?And send people to the Sakura lounge showers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.